Question About Headers/Pavement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
    Shorten the runners (where they run vertical), and then run them at the slightest angle you can manage until they get far enough to meet the rest of the exhaust. Use some flex pipe if needed. The rest of the exhaust may need work as well.

This is definitely not going to be the most efficient or power producing header around, but based on your ride height I don't think that's really a priority with this build, correct?
    well, while I'm not trying to be the fastest guy on the road lol, I do **** going forward with performance then going backwards. I am building a 351w to put in it (hopefully before the end of this year) but yea I'm going to try and shorten the runners like you said, I mean, it's only got to be raised a few inches then it will be above the safety of the frame and then I won't have to worry.

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
    More likely to just damage the headers, or at most the studs, but really, do you want to push your luck? Even just a cracked or bent stud, or anything that causes a leak at the head will make for a very shitty day.
    I know, it's just that the car is finally on the road and looking good and I didn't want to take the exhaust and stuff, cause there's so many projects around here that if I take a car off the road for just a tiny bit it seems like forever. But ya I'm gonna raise it just enough past the frame
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

I had a Honda and the header was just as low as yours. Drove around bumping the road for weeks and thought I was gonna be fine, until that one bump. Don't ride around like that man. It WILL happen.
      Originally posted by redciv1
      Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
      Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
      Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

if you hit them hard enough you CAN do damage to the tubes themselves and cause the welds to brake.(or maybe even shear the bolts that come out of the head that hold them on) i say get them shortened just a lil to be either flush with the bottom frame or close to it if you have room for them to sit higher. also i would weld an additional skid plate to the bottom of those so that i had to first scrape through that before my real exhaust.
        Last edited by CHIF8008; 11-11-2011, 12:38 AM.
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop??

Comment

Working...
        X