No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could possibly be, the engine only added about 50lbs to the front of the car over a 325i though. Most of the weight is from the transmission.

My front rate is 784lb

Comment

Did you ever try adjusting the caster?

Try pulling some caster out (lower numbers/less caster). When you have high caster, as you turn the wheel it tends to "flop" out.
      Last edited by StatusRacing; 07-12-2011, 07:23 PM.
      StatusRacing.com
      Configure YOUR Seat Here
      Tel: 1.480.265.8600
      Email: sales@statusracing.com
      Fan us on Facebook

Comment

looks to me like its catching on the bulge of the rim protector on the tyre.

try shaving it off with a sanding wheel on an angle grinder

Comment

ur comparing apples to oranges......?

different cars will do different things.....?

Comment

Yeah, I just went back and re-read the 1st page. I saw that you already tried caster, but I think you should be running lower not higher caster. Try going really low caster. Your steering wheel isn't going to return to center as easily, but it's the price you gotta pay lol.

As far as comparing your car to an E36, that doesn't really help. If you were comparing your car to another E30, sure...
            StatusRacing.com
            Configure YOUR Seat Here
            Tel: 1.480.265.8600
            Email: sales@statusracing.com
            Fan us on Facebook

Comment

I've tried the caster with the max and minimum amount's that I can get and there isn't really a difference. The reason's I'm using Josh's car as an example are because I've worked on and driven it multiple times, it sits the same as mine on the same wheels and has the same type of suspension.

I'm starting to think that e30's might just have thin fenders. now that it's just one layer thick I can move them a bit with just my fingers. Maybe I'll try repairing this set with some thicker metal and see if that helps.

Comment

Well 205/40's helped a lot, I can turn most of the way to full lock and still reverse. They have the unfortunate side effect of cutting my ground clearance in half but I guess it's a worthy tradeoff. I have a meh fender that isn't messed up yet, I'm gonna use that as a test fender before I get actual good ones and a respray.

Comment

Working...
                X