X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working on mine

Comment

• Luckaly the exhaust scrapes first.
      (yea it leaks a bit around the plug of the pan)

For more video/photo of cars from the Netherlands, go to MotorsportMedia.NL

Comment

• Somebody needs to start making skidplates out of guardrail steel. I did that on my old Subaru. that plate took a beating like a champ.

Comment

• After one week being lowered. Kinda don't wanna know what it looks like now

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam. View Post
            After one week being lowered. Kinda don't wanna know what it looks like now
            Throw a couple washers or try to fine some spacers that would fit accordingly for the motor mounts, thats what I did in my old car, helped a little...
            Eatin' Babies

Comment

• Originally posted by driggers.a View Post
              Throw a couple washers or try to fine some spacers that would fit accordingly for the motor mounts, thats what I did in my old car, helped a little...
              Way ahead of you, doing it tomorrow :P

Comment

• Comment

• dang you guys are hardcore with the oil pan stuff! nice!

Comment

• Update!

Comment

• Havent punctured a pan yet but driving my girlsfriend's stock height forester in the desert i ripped off the oil filter with the cooler. actually took the thread out of the block and dumped oil/coolant all over in the middle of the desert. Had to get a custom made bolt that was longer that stock to catch the threads that were still left in the block.

Noticed my moms Fiat Spyder was being starved for oil on corners and when i pulled the scrapped pan off found the oil sump had broken off!

Comment

• Comment

• Took out three pans on the 300D this summer...

2 Am- return home from stag n doe after coming out to my car and finding a giant pool of oil. Pull pan off parts car...

2:40 Am- wash parts car pan

2:45-3:30 am- Remove smashed pan and install new pan

8:30 am- Wake up, hit the road for hour drive to Vagkraft

8:40 am- 10km from my house, driving around much higher than usual, I catch a "road mohawk" left by truck traffic

9:30 am- arrive at Vagkraft, pan leaking. FML

All in all it was an exciting day. Tool out another pan last week after they put a speedbump in at the mall and didnt paint it yellow like every other speedbump in the parking lot. Waiting for new pan to arrive...

Comment

• skid plate i fab'd for the e30 with M20. and i already lifted the motor.

designed the plate to extend to also protect the sway from getting caught and possibly ripped off

finished product:

-still scrape it everywhere and have had asphalt basically ground like gum onto it. when i hear it scrape im so thankful its not my fragile pan.
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop??

Comment

• thats sick

Comment

• <3 that. What thickness of sheet metal did you use? And how did you lift your motor? Still haven't got around to lifting mine

Comment

Working...
                                X