No announcement yet.

The Oil Pan Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner eventually cracked it on a raised manhole.

Comment

• haven't cracked mine yet 09 gti's have steel pans!

It is beat pretty bad the aluminum sub frame is pretty shitty looking and there is a solid chunk taken out of one of the transmission tabs, but still rolling so far. i will post a pic of said carnage this weekend hopefully
      We Fuck Shit Up

Shit box Sketch10 burnout truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        For all the bmw's in this thread is it not possible to do an engine lift? Even if its just 10mm?

Or is it too much work?
        Someone once told me that we could use Diesel Mounts and Washers and we would be in the clear. Never tried it but mine with washers is sitting about an inch higher. No more threads on the mounts. Skid plates suck because they sit lower than the rest of the car so im not doing that. I'd look into a dry sump package.... Really spendy though
        sigpic

Comment

• on my 2nd pan. now i have an aluminum 1. but it rides lower =/ ,currently working on a skid plate

[/url]

Comment

• What are tow truck prices like in the states?

Over here, even if you need to get towed somewhere thats only 30mins away, youre still looking at about 300-400

Comment

• nothin like that, baseline is around 100 i think, idk tho cause i have AAA, 4 free tows each year for $50 son!

on topic, i havent busted mine yet, but its fucked, its maaad dented and bent at the flange, so it leaks at the gasket, replacement and skid plate deff in the cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schieldrop View Post
                if im not mistaken, those are VW 8V pans... i love steel pans!!!

i have to get pictures of my carnage soon.
                Last edited by dudebreh-low; 01-03-2011, 10:53 AM.
                #WHITEONRICE
                SAY'S NO, TO FUCTIONAL SUBARU

Comment

• Still holding strong somehow. That dent made a crease on the bottom that sticks down so it shouldn't be long now.

The steering rack, on the other hand, just couldn't hang on any more. Finally wore through enough to make it leak. I gotta say though, theres quite a buffer zone there- it's missing a good 9/16" off the bottom.

Edit: on a lift pics

Last edited by Byron; 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• before

after

was driving through a road works slowly at night and there was a bump where the asphalt was cut

torn out the sway bar smashing it into the sump, snapped a sway bar link and bent the other sway bar link too and note the big dint in the cross member

had to do some DIY on the side of the road to make the car driveable enough to get home

lucky i always carry C spanners with me, so i was able to raise the car to make it home
                    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• I'm thinking of getting a skid plate for my MK4.. But it's close to 300$. Not sure if it's worth it.
                      Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t MKIV (Daily)

Comment

• Dont know how but no leaks or cracks haha
                        HoodRatStatus
                        Instagram @looneylow

Comment

• Cann't wait to order one of these baaaahhd guurrrls
                          Originally posted by Kielan
                          I flip people off cause its the cool thing to do.

Comment

• waiting for it to go
                            my sohc oil pan

Comment

• I hit a raised manhole in my vr jetta and did TONS of damage.

Bent my K frame, destroyed the pan/pump, bent some other shyt...

2100$ later...

Comment

• ive literally been driving around on a cracked pan for about 6 months. threw some jb weld on it and scraped that off too lol. good thing i live in an apartment complex so i dont have to worry about a driveway. when it stops raining ill get a pic of my parking spot. im not even that low but there is one particular speedbump in my complex that gets me almost everytime. i have learned to leave my hosue a couple minutes earlier so i can take the long way out to avoid it...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X