X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hinman View Post
      I ordered a set of these today for my e46. I have 2 questions that i'm sure most of you can answer for me.

1.) Do I need spacers? My friend that has a mk4 gti installed some on his car and he had some after market wheels, and the wheels hit the coil. I'm running stock wheels right now, and he told me I probably wouldn't need the spacers.

2.) Are there any weird tools I need to install these? I helped with the install on my friends mk4, but I'm just trying to make sure there isn't anything different with the install for my e46
      No and No.

Comment

Originally posted by Skar View Post
        I've cut the bumpstops in half and as your saying removing the helpers wont help me at all..
        This is how its sits

(It's TA techniks coilovers, but it must be the same shit??)

Dude I lovez yer car.

Comment

Have em on my Mazdaspeed Miata, 15k miles so far with no issues. I also hear they are "rebuildable", mine apparently take any 50mm shock body to slip into the body, and any 2.5" spring...not bad for $276.

Comment

i know people that have Racelands on multiple different cars (VW, BMW, Miatas) and not one of them have complained. I was just browsing their website and saw that they make them for my car now. Interesting...

Comment

i put racelands on the jetta last summer and i have never came across any problems yet. two thumbs up from me on their products!

*of course i don't autox my car or anything... i wanted to go low and they do that well. why pay 1K for the same thing you can get by spending 400?
              Last edited by junternaher; 07-07-2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

i bought racelands for my mk4 when they came out at 276 shipped. ive had them on for 13k and have had 0 issues, as long as you paint the strut bodies and use anti seize you're golden. i have the helpers out with 2 inches of thread left and the entire rear perch out, i might try and source some shorter and stiffer rear springs because i want to pull my fenders slightly and drop it another 1/4-1/2 inch. i could lay frame easily with the fronts though.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                  What about it?
                  Nevermind,i bought racelands in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinman View Post
                    I ordered a set of these today for my e46. I have 2 questions that i'm sure most of you can answer for me.

1.) Do I need spacers? My friend that has a mk4 gti installed some on his car and he had some after market wheels, and the wheels hit the coil. I'm running stock wheels right now, and he told me I probably wouldn't need the spacers.

2.) Are there any weird tools I need to install these? I helped with the install on my friends mk4, but I'm just trying to make sure there isn't anything different with the install for my e46

if your running a plus 35 offset in the front you would need 5 mm spacers to clear from what my buddy told me when he installed it on his e46 just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                      I post pics later of a BMW that ended up in the wall at barber b/c of a cheap suspension failure. I didn't get to talk to the driver b/c the medical staff carted him off in a jiffy. (he was ok they were just being careful). I was photographing and ended helping the corner workers pick up all the broken pieces of aluminum that were littering the track. Will I ever buy questionable suspension parts after watching that? NOPE, it's not worth the potential heartache should one fail at an in-opportune moment.
                      I don't understand what you're saying?

you are unaware of this person's track mods?, but you are sure they were cheap?

does cheap mean track failure?,

or cars only see catastrophies if they run cheap mods?

& who determines what setup is cheap?

motons run up to $15,000.00,

if I run their street dampners, am I running cheap suspension to where pieces of aluminum will be littered all over the track?

I'm not trying to be ignorant here,

but come on . . . explain a bit.

thanks.

Comment

i like mine mine.

Comment

i would save up for a good set

Comment

if you're not trying to drop money on nicer coilovers, go on w/ that or streetlines fk's.

Comment

i run on raceland, have done for 2 year now, no problems at all on the mk4. i cut the bump stops so i dont get bouncy. adjusters out in the rear.

i sprayed them with electrical care spray once fitted so they are coated and protected and after a year i adjusted them for more lows and they weren't seized at all.

for the chedder you cant go wrong... IMO

Comment

this thread makes me wanna buy them for the ladies mk4

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X