Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowering an MGB, not the most common thing ever done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering an MGB, not the most common thing ever done.

Hi Stanceworks!

So I've recently finished restoring my 1971 MGB from the hunk of junk that it was when I bought it for $800. Now that it's done I'm onto the next step, getting it low! I'm trying to keep it classy so I was thinking of going with RS's originally. Now I'm looking towards the old air cooled guys and thinking a set of smoothies with while walls and baby moons.

Guess the question is, how do I get this car that low!? I don't need to be dragging or anything that extreme but I want to be tucking tire a little up front, no one seems to do that with these cars. Any help would be great!

Sweet restoration so far. Sorry I don't really have answers for you, although I think I have seen some people using homebuilt coilovers on their race 'Bs. Check out forums such as MGExperience, maybe even Grassroots Motorsports. There should be a few builds and other pointers there.

Also, just thought I'd share mine:

Tentatively sold, just don't have the time, space, or money to sink into it unfortunately. Good luck with yours!
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Rear should be pretty straight forward as its on leaf springs, just a case putting spacers between the leaf and the axle.
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Working...
      X