e34 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e34 help

Hey im alittle new to this forum but ive been a big fan of bmws for awhile. I recently just picked up a 1991 e34 525i and its been alittle hard trying to track down a good set of coilovers. Ive been reading threads on and on for awhile now about which ones to go with. i was also reading that with little modifications e39 coilovers can fit a e34. i dont really have tons of money to spend on coils being that im a broke college student so id kinda like to stay on the cheaper side of things. Ive been looking into JOMS which ive read mixed reviews about. My roommate has NNR's on his integra and his ride quality is actually very nice for how much he paid for them. Any help is appreciated thank you
    You drive your handicapped grandfather around in a car on cut coils? :facepalm:

I'd look into bc racing, d2, ksport, or kido before joms. The joms don't go all that low, you don't get camber adjustment, and they ride like crap. If you want an e34 to get low you have to cut and remove part of the strut tubes. All the kits I mentioned require so sort of modifications to the front strut housings. I had mine cut and welded by a local machine shop. You can do it yourself but most of the people who do it end up with alignment problems due to the cuts and welds not being true.

Comment

I had B&G's on my old Jetta, which doesn't appear to make anything for my E34. (E30/E36 yes)

K-Sport was always the competitive alternative - does anyone have experience with the E34 on K-Sports?

Comment

Working...
      X