Initial install height of BC extreme drops - number of theads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial install height of BC extreme drops - number of theads

As a follow-up to my last question regarding how high BC extreme drops go, I am now installing the extremes (8F/12R rates) and was wondering how many threads you guys have showing between the bottom collar and the spring preload collars? Same advice for the rear spring adjuster--threads from bottomed out?

When I unpacked the coils, one was super-loose and spun down. The other was tight from the factory showing about 9 threads (photo below).

I will end up with some trial and error, but if anyone can give me a ballpark, it would save me some time. Also, if you could post a pic of your ride height at the settings you mention, that'd be a super-bonus. Jump-in-the-air-high-five.

Thanks!

i used this part of the video to set my preload http://youtu.be/HlqOA35NmAw?t=2m35s

basically have the spring loose to start. snug up the collar directly under the spring until you can no longer wiggle the spring up and down. from there spin the collar underneath it up to meet it. hold THAT collar in place and spin the lower spring collar UP (tightening the spring in place) until you can fit one of the wrenches in the gap. when thats complete then move the one you held up into place and lock that shit down.
    Last edited by aeok18109; 04-03-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info on preload, but that wasn't my question...

After correctly setting the preload, how many threads do you guys have showing under the locknut on the spring collar (mine are showing ~9). I'm still collecting parts for the install. While I'm waiting, I thought having a ballpark idea for the initial setting would save me some adjustment time once they're on the car.

If no responses, I'll let you guys know how I end up... so it can be documented on this forum for all of eternity.

Many thanks.

Originally posted by aeok18109 View Post
      i used this part of the video to set my preload http://youtu.be/HlqOA35NmAw?t=2m35s

basically have the spring loose to start. snug up the collar directly under the spring until you can no longer wiggle the spring up and down. from there spin the collar underneath it up to meet it. hold THAT collar in place and spin the lower spring collar UP (tightening the spring in place) until you can fit one of the wrenches in the gap. when thats complete then move the one you held up into place and lock that shit down.

Comment

Working...
      X