Cutt springs anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
    haha true. but meh. we'll see how i feel when my spacers go on.
    i already have lowering springs, that i was gonna cut just a small section off of. but dk
    A lot of lowering springs have "dead" coils so to speak that can be cut without really affecting the spring rates or anything so that makes a lot more sense than cutting up stock springs

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
      I don't see suspension as a place to skimp out on, just my 2 cents
      ^this

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
        A lot of lowering springs have "dead" coils so to speak that can be cut without really affecting the spring rates or anything so that makes a lot more sense than cutting up stock springs
        yea, my old wagovan had cut stock springs. by the previous owner, i switched to coils and the ride was horrible.

i really only need an inch or so lower. which IMO isnt worth paying for coils. but the stiffer springs on the coils would benefit me on the drift track

Comment

yea, my old wagovan had cut stock springs. by the previous owner, i switched to coils and the ride was horrible.

i really only need an inch or so lower. which IMO isnt worth paying for coils. but the stiffer springs on the coils would benefit me on the drift track
          ...just cut them doggie. Unless of coarse reverse rake or wheel gap is cool with you.

Comment

hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
              Cut your hair, not your springs
              Indeed
              rthirtytwotakadotcom

Comment

I cut my front coilover springs because they didn't go low enough. No biggie. You gotta do whatcha gotta do.
                -Brandon-

Comment

I've got coils in the front, lowering springs in the rear. Bought new rears because there are more dead coils. This is what happened within 24 hours of getting the box in the mail

Comment

Cut springs?? Really? Come on man, just get a better job and have some dignity and get a set of coils, wayyyyyy better in the long run

Comment

hahaha
                      You got a pretty good turn out on this thread here.

Comment

i rolled cut GSR spring( stiffer then civic springs) on my civic, with kyb agx's.
                        i wasent slammed just tucking tire on 13 steelies rode really smooth, now im on ksports.

same with my e30 is on cut springs rides good on a good road...lol
                        GC kit soon
                        97 540i 6speed
                        90 325i sold
                        93 EJ2
                        84 Scirocco
                        69 Continental

Comment

i already have lowering springs, and i only need 1in or so to sit nice on my flares. im not gonna pay for coilovers, and waste install time for 1 inch. maybe if i wa super monster trucking like a 5 inch wheel gap, then maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                            I've got coils in the front, lowering springs in the rear. Bought new rears because there are more dead coils. This is what happened within 24 hours of getting the box in the mail

Explain "dead coils" with pics please?

Comment

Originally posted by SnickleFritz View Post
                              Cut springs?? Really? Come on man, just get a better job and have some dignity and get a set of coils, wayyyyyy better in the long run
                              This is a lil much.. I'm not one to be controversial, but this argument is a lose-lose. So for the guys on coils, should they get a better job and get air so they can have some dignity? Maybe 3-way adjustable coilovers vs. some shoddy cheap single adjustable coilovers?

This is a very closed minded statement, no offense. We all have opinions and I think it's great that we can all speak to them, but let's leave the meritless arguments to our own individual thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by CARADDICT View Post
                                Explain "dead coils" with pics please?
                                see the coils that are closer together? those are the dead coils. they compress much easier than the other coils do
                                My Blog - http://wookieramblings.blogspot.com Your car could be on it!

Comment

Working...
                                X