No announcement yet.

NEX coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what exactly happened? Did they shorten the housings 1" like Ground Control calls for or did they not shorten them and just cut the stock perches off? Shortening Nex stuff is less work than GC because you don't have to re-weld a perch on the housing. You need to find out if they actually shortened the housings, I'm thinking not if they are talking about needing to re-thread the housings, that's a roundabout way of doing it. Most people just cut off the perch, section out 1-2 inches on the housing where the stock perch would be and weld it back together.

Comment

i paid 140ish shipped to have my housings shortened and powdercoated

Comment

How does the strut housings need to be shortened exactly. Want to get my housings modified so I could throw my coilovers on.
        1991 535iM (EML car): Schwartz/Schwartz, BBS RSII (18x8.5, 18x10), EDS Spacers (15mm, 20mm), Nex Coilovers, Full Zender body kit, HID 6000k lows/fogs, Smoked Hellas, Smoked corners, M5 filler plate, M5 sways, Mtech ZHP knob, E36 M3 Steering Wheel

Comment

the stock perch needs to come out ...basically just cut it off and then 2 inches needs to be take out of where the stock perch used to be and then welded back together...check the NEX thread on BF.C

Comment

I have been following the Nex thread since the beginning. I have seen the end result if a shortened housing, but never seen a DIY type thread of how to actually go about it. So I just keep the top part of the housing where the perch used to be, and section a 2" piece out of the tube below. Then weld the perch area back down on top of the tube. I will have a better visual when I get the housing out.
            1991 535iM (EML car): Schwartz/Schwartz, BBS RSII (18x8.5, 18x10), EDS Spacers (15mm, 20mm), Nex Coilovers, Full Zender body kit, HID 6000k lows/fogs, Smoked Hellas, Smoked corners, M5 filler plate, M5 sways, Mtech ZHP knob, E36 M3 Steering Wheel

Comment

i couldve got you ksports for 700.

just fyi

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Is that the shipped price? I was looking into the Ksports at one point. They also need to have modified strut housings from what I found.

Comment

Working...
                X