New Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Springs

So I have an Elantra, and I have maxed out the coilovers and i have been looking into getting some new springs to go lower.

The current springs specs are as follows:

Front:

Rate - 230 lbs/in progressive

Length - 9"

Rear:

Rate - 215 lbs/in progressive

Length - (i dont know yet, but i will update as soon as i find out)

The current ID is 66mm and Raceland says the lowest ID i should be able to get away with is 64mm. BC and Swift make springs that are 65mm inner diameter, which should fit. The only problem i had so far is when we tried to remove the top hats i almost stripped the inner allen hole where the allen wrench goes.

Raceland said to take it off with a rattle gun, so i guess thats what ill have to do.

I want to get springs that allow me to go at least 1.5 inches lower, to do that ill need a 7" spring, and then raise the perch 3/4 of an inch (in the front)

My subframe is approximately 2 inches off the ground, and i want to go at least an inch lower. Im not sure what spring rate would be the best. If i go the extra inch lower i will only rub slightly on turns, as i have ET35 wheels, so they sit in approx 1", and after the drop on turns the wheels would be millimeters from the fender, and i dont mind rubbing i just dont want to ruin my fenders.

So, after making you read through this, i have 4 main questions......

1. Do you guys know of anyone that makes 66mm inner diameter springs

2. Do you recommend a rattle gun to remove the bolt holding the top hat on?

3. What spring rate should i go with, 8k or 10k all around? or 10k front and 9k rears since the coils come with softer rears?

4. i cant remember it atm....but i will.

Any other advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]
Working...
X