Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are KW V3 a good choice for stance and trackuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are KW V3 a good choice for stance and trackuse?

As the title says; I'm wondering if KW V3(Inox-Line) are a good choice for lowering as well as racing the car(occasionally). I have tried the search function but it doesn't accept two-letter words. I'm probably doing it wrong, but if I am stupid; please just refer me to threads regarding KW V3.

I'm curious about the use of KW V3 for a stanced car(Z3 Coupe), are the front springs too wide for the wheel to clear them? Has anyone used them for stance or trackdays or both and can share their experiences/impressions?

The wheels I am going to use are 8,5" wide front, 10" wide rear, ET15 allround, and I also have the option of 25mm spacers.

All help/information is appreciated, thanks in advance from a static-loving swede.

I would not go for the kw-v3 personally, since they tend to be a bit pricey. If you just plan to roll around and occasionally track, i would go for v2.

the z3, does it use the same spindles and top mounts as the e36?
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

The Z3 runs on E30 rear end and E36 front end, I don't know if its an E30 M3 rear end but this is what I've been told by some. The V3 cost approx 490$ more than the V2, both Inox-Line. The price for the V3 Inox are 2233$ for the Z, straight from KW Europe.

One more thing that lures with the V3 are that they're a single-piece in the rear as well(spring and damper as one, not separated as the V1 and V2 and standard suspension) what does this do, in terms performance(traction, adjustments, etc) and in terms of stance/lowering?

I'm a big fan of stiff-as-hell and driving hard but I know the Z3 is cursed with a problem similar from the E36, the rear wagon's weld points to the body of the car = weak, though mostly noted on the Z3M due to the amount of power along with how it is driven(harder than your average Z3). This might not relate to the topic at hand, but does anyone know about the Randy Forbes reinforcement kits for the Z? I might have to ask for a Z3-enthusiast on this... If you're out there; let me know!

Comment

I have a totally different car from you, but I am on ke coilovers. They are unfortunately only v1's but I can say they ride awesome and have had no issues with them. They are well built. V2's or v3's would most likely handle awesome on the track
        1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
        1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Lozinmust View Post
          One more thing that lures with the V3 are that they're a single-piece in the rear as well(spring and damper as one, not separated as the V1 and V2 and standard suspension) what does this do, in terms performance(traction, adjustments, etc) and in terms of stance/lowering?
          Hum no. V3 are V2 with adjustable compression, that's it.

Comment

For just Looking good and a few trackdays, V2 is more than fine.
            V3 is awesome, but how much are you setting your car up for different tracks etc?

Comment

I would even say that V3 are kind of pointless. When V3 are justified, one may as well go with clubsports (V3 with linear springs and optional camber plates).

Comment

v2. Unless you want the bragging rights.

But I had my v2's removed from my smart (being traded in) and the improvement over the factory (bilstein) setup was night and day.

Comment

Working...
                X