Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of rubbing in wheel/tire..

Hi,

Im tired of rubbing.. But, im also tired of hearing "Get smaller width wheels".

Is there any solution for this? Im running coilovers.

Sorry for my bad english today....

Low is a lifestyle. Hellaflush, stanced out cars all do that.

What do you think can be done to stop this happening out of interest?

Comment

camber and stretch

end thread/
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post

Ehhh if you do it right you can achieve the look without rubbing. I set both of my cars up to not rub within reason. Depends on aggressiveness, suspension set up, camber, fender style/mods etc.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
          Ehhh if you do it right you can achieve the look without rubbing. I set both of my cars up to not rub within reason. Depends on aggressiveness, suspension set up, camber, fender style/mods etc.
          Sorry Ollie I should've added the sarcasm button I just enjoy fueling the uneducated scene stigma

Comment

Sorry Ollie I should've added the sarcasm button I just enjoy fueling the uneducated scene stigma
            Hahaha okay my bad.

I wasn't sure, because as you know, so many people have the mentality that rubbing is so awesome and means their car is "proper".

Comment

Stiffer springs, shave the back pad of the wheel, different tires, camber, fender work. There are many way to go about it.
              Ryan

Comment

What they said.

What fender mods have you done so far? For the fitments that most people run on here, you will ad least need to roll your fenders flat and depending on wheel widht, also a fender pull.

Depending on your suspension design (mostly if it camber in under compression), you can get away with less roll compared to a design that compresses straight up.

In the end, it's all a combination of fender modifications, camber and stretch. Up front, caster also comes into play, as with a bit of caster, negative camber will increase while turning, which means you can run a more extreme setup while being less likely to rub.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

roll fenders, and pull if you must. add camber / can stretch tires as well.

Comment

So many replies!

Yeah, its worth it tho..
                    I was hoping that there was a product, a "strut collar" etc in rubber/plastic that you could put on the shock.. well, that sounded really stupid.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    camber and stretch

end thread/

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
                    Stiffer springs, shave the back pad of the wheel, different tires, camber, fender work. There are many way to go about it.
                    Good idea with the backpad, i work as a cnc machinist..

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    What they said.

What fender mods have you done so far? For the fitments that most people run on here, you will ad least need to roll your fenders flat and depending on wheel widht, also a fender pull.

Depending on your suspension design (mostly if it camber in under compression), you can get away with less roll compared to a design that compresses straight up.

In the end, it's all a combination of fender modifications, camber and stretch. Up front, caster also comes into play, as with a bit of caster, negative camber will increase while turning, which means you can run a more extreme setup while being less likely to rub.
                    Ive rolled and pulled the fenders, its actually a E36 touring
                    I think im gonna try to shave the backside of the wheel.. The wheel is 18x10 et35.

Comment

Originally posted by m.skinnes View Post
                      I was hoping that there was a product, a "strut collar" etc in rubber/plastic that you could put on the shock.. well, that sounded really stupid.

Ive rolled and pulled the fenders, its actually a E36 touring
                      I think im gonna try to shave the backside of the wheel.. The wheel is 18x10 et35.
                      Yeah bump stops. You can use them to limit travel.

18x10 +35 should be fine on an e36. Post some pics

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                        Yeah bump stops. You can use them to limit travel.

18x10 +35 should be fine on an e36. Post some pics
                        Where can i get this?

Bad pic.. But you get the idea, the car isnt lowered alot here:

Comment

What material is the bumpstops made of? I have a lathe here at work, so i could make some..

Comment

Usually they're foam, urethane, or rubber. You can buy them anywhere

Comment

You guys are all being way too complicated about this.

Simple answer:

1988 300zx-t

Comment

Working...
                              X