Dgr Coilovers - 2012 focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dgr Coilovers - 2012 focus

Hi there everyone. I have had some issues with my coilovers and cant seem to get them any lower. Maybe you all will have some suggestions for me. Here are some pictures.

I have heard i can remove a ring and tighten up the spring some more but i am not so sure.

also i was told to cut the foot of the coilover off and modify a new area to set the coilover back in. Bad thing that will void warranty.

Now Dgr is sending me two new sets of springs but i do not know if that will make a difference in how much lower i can go.

Any tips or tricks at all?
    Last edited by Ausv7; 07-12-2012, 04:36 PM.

you can remove those two middle orange lock rings for another 1/2". doesn't look like those coils are designed for much low, though.

Does DGR offer shorter springs?
    025garage

Comment

I believe so. I think he is sending me a shorter set of springs. I will be getting two new sets in the next weeek or two. Hopefully one of them will work.

Comment

If you find out the inner diameter you can get shorter springs in any rate from Jaze (Jesus_Christ on the foums)
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I will have to get the specs and ask jaze when i get my new springs if they are not smaller. Hope they are. I knew the springs were the problem from the start. I love them for autocross but i really want my low for my new rims and look

Comment

I'd get some new springs man. I'm sure you've seen Jon Holso's '12. He's using BC coils with some different springs.

The coil design looks pretty close...

from [FJ]

Stock BC setup before I started messing with it

Comparison of stock bc spring vs the shorted stiffer bc spring I ordered

Finished product.....

-spatakula
            (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ Y U NO LIKE SOLOAUTOMAG?!?!?!

Comment

So luckily it's not me having this issue. alright i have been looking into different coils.

Eibach sells some coil springs that are 2in ID, by 4 in tall, 350 weight.

What i have now is 2 in. ID, by 7in. tall, 346 weight.

Would make a big difference. Well thats a big help actually seeing that someone had to do the same thing. Plus always like the ride

Comment

raise the springs and unlock the lowest collar. Then, spin the strut down.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Well here is a Couple of pics of the old springs

What do you all think i should bring it down too???

Comment

Working...
                  X