Getting lower on racelands mazdaspeed3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting lower on racelands mazdaspeed3

Hey guys, I went wit the cheap coilover setup ( I know I'm stupid) anyway I was wondering how to get lower on them, the collars are spun all the way down so I'm thinking helper springs and perches? If I do helpers do the coils have to come out of the car or is there some way to just maneuver them around, and for perches I just take them out completely and just have the spring sitting in the control arms correct?
    thanks in advance

Originally posted by Stangcobra View Post
    Hey guys, I went wit the cheap coilover setup ( I know I'm stupid) anyway I was wondering how to get lower on them, the collars are spun all the way down so I'm thinking helper springs and perches? If I do helpers do the coils have to come out of the car or is there some way to just maneuver them around, and for perches I just take them out completely and just have the spring sitting in the control arms correct?
    thanks in advance
    Assuming you are talking about the rear and you have spring cups in the rear, then yes you can do that.

If you're removing collars the coils have to come off the car, so I don't see why you wouldn't just remove the helpers then as well? If you wanted to, you could theoretically cut out the helpers, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

For whatever reason the racelands on the 3 don't go all that low.

But ya you could just take everything out.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I've got a 05 Ford Focus and I'm running ST Coilovers. What I did to get the helper springs out was undid the top strut mount nut off and raised the car the coils will come out. But then you must move the strut back in the hole having a friend lift the knuckle. I could actually do it with the wheel on as well but you gotta be carefull. Our cars suspention is darn near identical. Just let me know and I can provide pictures if needed.
        Ps this was done with the perches at full low do when the car was raised there was no tension on the springs whatsoever. I DO NOT recomend this if your springs still have tension. You will end up hurting yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X