Going low with a '76 BMW 2002?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going low with a '76 BMW 2002?

As the title sugests, I'm hoping to get a new suspension for my '02 for this summer. I feel like my main 2 options are a full Ground Control coilover kit, or coilovers from Ireland Engineering. I was wondering if anyone had any input on either.
    The GC's seem to be much simpler to actually instal, but how low will they get me?
    Are there any other companies I should look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the "Stance" game

The GC's are here: http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=690/CA=281
    And the IE's don't come with a full kit, but everything is here: http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/2002...-steering.html
    Originally posted by BigBody
    If it doesn't look good low, it was ugly as shit in the first place.

I plan on going the same route eventually but for now I'm just going with cut h&r sp
    rings to make things a bit cheaper. a lot of people tend to go with IE for the coilover setup but there are also a handful with the GC.

I personally wouldn't go with the GC kit you linked, i plan on getting a set of stock struts and cutting/welding myself. with these kits

main difference being that i think the GC kit comes with springs, if you haven't already check out this thread, there is a ton of info on our cars and really helped alot when deciding on my suspension setup

PS where in CT are you?

Comment

If I were choosing, I would go with the GC setup. I have not really been satisfied with the products IE provide. It seems like nothing ever fits quite right. I bought their stainless exhaust for my 72 tii, and the headers don't fit properly and the tailpipe isn't even close to fitting right. I then bought their front sway bar and I had to grind off some of the front of the mount to get it to fit. I don't know about their coilovers, but given my past experiences with them, I would not get them.
      tumblr
      flickr
      instagram

Comment

I chopped spring on my '02 few months back, but will be installing air suspension soon because its horrible on cut springs :/

///M3 drivers have no friends! -Jeremy Clarkson....

Comment

Thanks guys! Looks like GC's would be the best bet and I'll do a little research on your suggestion, 323ijoe. Thanks. And I'm in the Fairfield area of CT.

Originally posted by Topazkd View Post
          I chopped spring on my '02 few months back, but will be installing air suspension soon because its horrible on cut springs :/
          I was actually considering going the air route... Any tips/input/wise words?
          Originally posted by BigBody
          If it doesn't look good low, it was ugly as shit in the first place.

Comment

Working...
          X