240z options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240z options

Suspension options for a 240z? Haven't read an option I couldn't understand. Id like moderate to decent low without compromising handling too much, but have the option to slam it when I can if thats possible.
    Last edited by kvvikdrawmcgraw; 04-15-2012, 04:33 PM.

Unfortunately with a chassis as dated as an S30, you need to choose either slammed, or quality ride. You will not get both, even with a large amount of adjustability.

S30 suspension is already a relatively short-stroke setup stock. You can go shorter with Koni Sport inserts in the front and shocks in the rear, with custom perches for adjustable coil sleeves. There are plenty of options available, but a majority of them are focused more on handling than low ride height and fitment. Arizona Z Car makes a decent setup [ http://arizonazcar.com/coil.html ] albeit at a hefty price tag. I had one of their early setups on my 280ZX back in high school and even though I couldn't slam it, the ride was awesome and the handling was intense - with a little negative camber in the front and the inherent negative camber and toe-in in the rear from lowering it, I had one hell of a time getting that car to rotate, even with my 3.0 stroker.

For just about any other options, you're gonna have to go custom or sacrifice quality for simplicity and budget-mindedness.
    - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Stance also sells a kit that requires fabrication but allows you to convert and run coilovers from an s13 240sx.

Comment

Working...
      X