Question about 325ix inserts with e28 coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 325ix inserts with e28 coilovers

just finished my budget coilover sleeve setup for my e28. i originally bought some stock g60 inserts just to try them out because i got them cheap and i was gonna try to see if i could get away with that valving with a lighter m20 up front (528e).

well i threw it all together (without cutting and shortening my housings just in case) and low and behold its way to bouncy.

i was comparing curb weights of the 325ix and the 528e and the there both pretty similar ,325ix in the 3050lb range and i couldnt find an exact info on the 528e but i know its sub-3300lbs as thats what a 535i weighs. comparing this all to the g60 corrado's curb weight of around 2500lbs i figure the 325ix inserts would be a better option.

thoughts and opinions?

Build Thread

you need to shorten your housings to get the shock range in the middle. otherwise it's going to be bounce city no matter what. what springs are you using?

Comment

ill wind the coils up to put the shock range in the middle and ill see how it rides before i shorten the housings, i still have a feeling the valving isnt going to be enough though.

the springs i have at the moment are some unknown 2.5" id 6.5" springs. im using them on the rear with stock billy hd's and they are stiffer but not bone jarring, and have zero bounce with the rear tucking stock 14's. they feel pretty conservative but exact numbers are still unknown. i dont really care too much about them as im planning on getting some springs from either blue coil spring or somewhere else with proper rates for an e28.

Build Thread

Comment

Working...
      X