No announcement yet.

stupid s-chassis fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like he's talking about full tap coilovers but you have single tap so it doesn't apply.

Comment

yea, mine are single shaft design. so i really can't set preload and if i were to it would just raise my car up. i'm trying to somehow cut the strut housing and the strut itself and rewelding it together. i've heard this was done somewhere, or would it just be better to sell these and save for some flex's or something. or maybe even those k sports someone mentioned. opinions please!

"Pavement Eater"
      WFC #1913
      sigpic
      Stanceworks Feature
      http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=8665

Comment

Zilvia.net

Comment

Originally posted by ILLES13 View Post
          yea, mine are single shaft design. so i really can't set preload and if i were to it would just raise my car up. i'm trying to somehow cut the strut housing and the strut itself and rewelding it together. i've heard this was done somewhere, or would it just be better to sell these and save for some flex's or something. or maybe even those k sports someone mentioned. opinions please!
          i have old k-sports called g-force japan.low is not the word.. you could burry the belly in the ground n still have room to go down. i think most coilys that are not big name are made by BC!

Comment

haha word, well does anyone know if there is a way to work with these coils? lcl is this sunday!!

"Pavement Eater"
            WFC #1913
            sigpic
            Stanceworks Feature

Comment

Get Stance GR+, Powered by Max or D-Max coils those all go low and are decently priced. Coils that are only have preload adjustment usually don't go very low and if even if they do you lose shock travel as you go lower. You want coils with threaded shock bodies.
              ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
              Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

hmm, well that will come later as my budget goes up. but what can i do before tomorrow??

"Pavement Eater"
                WFC #1913
                sigpic
                Stanceworks Feature

Comment

jomar you ass lol
                  i was talking about the shortening the strut housings...lmao
                  i just threw that out there...i knew nothing about your susp at the time
                  and its bimmer!
                  Last edited by Token; 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

ive got an s13, my frame rails are about an inch off the ground. my header is scraped flat, my straight pipe is scraped and my resonator is flat on the bottom with the welds partially scraped through.

you COULD cut springs just for looks, but if you do that you might not have the stiffness to keep your shit from bouncing and bottoming out.
                    It's easy to get cheap, good looking, successful designs when all you do is copy legit, good looking, successful designs.

Comment

Working...
                    X