Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
    i hope he's from r3v.....
    Your mom is a guy?! Now I feel hella dirty

Comment

i feel hella dirty from putting it in ur sister's butt. i<3 people

Comment

HAHA fun times

Comment

does anyone have or know of an e30 that has KW coilovers? they're $1342 and free shipping from tunershop, but is says lowest setting is an 80mm drop front and 60mm rear.

i'm new to e30s so i'm not sure if 80/60 is considered "low"...i know for VWs it's not low at all haha. any help would be appreciated, if the KWs don't go low i'll be doing the GC/koni setup.

Comment

Look up Stale30. He is On KW's, no idea how far down though. Stock for stock they will go lower than GC's though.

Comment

that's definitely how i want my car sitting, i just wonder if the car is 5 lug. from what i've read, wouldn't he have to be running e36 coils if it's 5 lug?

Comment

I highly doubt that KWs will in any way go lower than my GCs. The threads on the body don't matter it's all relative to the length of the shock and the height of the spring. another friends KWs bottom out the shocks well before the GC setups I have installed. here is a pic of mine on UNMODIFIED stock housings. notloEnuf is a good example of what can be done on modified housings. There is a huge difference between sitting low and driving low. To drive you'll want travel in your struts.

Erik

Comment

all of my previous cars have been really low and daily driven so i plan on doing the same.

this is on KW coilovers, not sure if there is thread left or not though

Last edited by Madface; 11-30-2009, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madface View Post
                    all of my previous cars have been really low and daily driven so i plan on doing the same

Then the GC koni option is your best option. Mine will be 1" lower than notloEnufs when it rolls out of the garage next summer most of which is b/c I'm going dry sump to alleviate oil pan clearance issues and add an oil cooler.

Erik

Comment

• the KWs are good coils, but if you want to be "subject of envy" low in an e30. you'll need to call ground control.

Comment

• i'm not into being internet famous, i just know what i like

i have no quams about cutting/welding/fabricating if i need to, just figured if i can get just as low and still have suspension travel i would save a little time and money with the KWs. guess GC/konis it is, thanks for the help guys

Comment

• that white one with the half mtech2 kit was the qimis car and im pretty sure he was on gc.

Comment

• Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                            that white one with the half mtech2 kit was the qimis car and im pretty sure he was on gc.
                            Not sure currently, but for a good while he was on KW variant 1s.

Erik

Comment

• Originally posted by Madface View Post
                              that's definitely how i want my car sitting, i just wonder if the car is 5 lug. from what i've read, wouldn't he have to be running e36 coils if it's 5 lug?
                              He has e30 M3 5 lug, but KW still makes the coils for 4 lug e30's and they go just as low.
                              Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                              I highly doubt that KWs will in any way go lower than my GCs. The threads on the body don't matter it's all relative to the length of the shock and the height of the spring. another friends KWs bottom out the shocks well before the GC setups I have installed. here is a pic of mine on UNMODIFIED stock housings. notloEnuf is a good example of what can be done on modified housings. There is a huge difference between sitting low and driving low. To drive you'll want travel in your struts.

Erik
                              The KW's are a complete replacement strut for e30's. They are shorter to start and can easily go as low as you. You most likely have Camber plates on your setup too. Plain old GC's will not get you anywhere near that low.

Comment

• Your correct, I do have camber plates, I would never do a suspension this low without them and several other modifications to boot. I understand the KWs include a new strut assembly, I've installed several sets. They are not as short as my current GC setup they were about 1/4" shy when measured compressed. That compined with the GC plates(raising the upper mount by almost 1/2") makes quite the difference, and that's before I get into modifying the strut housings, machining insert spacers, and ordering different springs. I like the GC because they can be changed in the future to suite my needs, most coilovers aimed the tuner crowd are not that adjustable. There is no way to adjust where the best 2'' of travel the shock has falls in relation to the height of the stacked spring assembly. The only Shocks i've been able to run lower with were remote reservoir and much more expensive than the GCs and KWs combined.

Erik

Comment

Working...
                                X