E36 guys... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    And that's the type of mentality that is killing this scene.
    Is this not the mentality thats actually "killing" the scene? that only the rich guys are allowed to go low? I think if anything is, its that. If the guy has his car sitting right, whats the big deal on ride quality? You worried bou HIS bum getting sore is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jardine View Post
      I've driven on very good suspension before. And I'm pretty sure driving that low on ANY setup is "bloody murder".
      My car rides ridiculously well, actually. I'm sorry that you have accepted shitty ride quality as a part of being low.

Comment

I don't care if you rock shitty coilovers but I will laugh when I see you rolling, rubbing, and bouncing all over. That's fine, just don't tell people they ride as good as proper coilovers.

But my opinion is still if you're going to do something, do it right. That's like buying a BMW 8 series and not maintaining it properly because "not everyone can afford it". Than wtf are you doing trying to hang. Buy a cheaper car or don't try if you know you can't afford it.

Originally posted by armorrig View Post
        Do you find the front struts on the ZC coils to be "bouncy," in relation to the bump travel, say going over uneven pavement or roads with small dips? How low are you set on the front?
        No.

These coilovers are made to ride low, stiff, and smooth. If they bounced that would defeat the whole purpose of these

Originally posted by Rusty34 View Post
        Is this not the mentality thats actually "killing" the scene? that only the rich guys are allowed to go low? I think if anything is, its that. If the guy has his car sitting right, whats the big deal on ride quality? You worried bou HIS bum getting sore is it?
        No what's killing the scene is idiot kids thinking that shitty quality parts are comparable to the real deal. It's the same story with suspension, wheels, aero kits, you name it.

One of my best friends rolls super fucking hard on stock struts with no name coilover sleeves and eibach springs that I had sitting around. BUT he's not running some knock off china shit and you'll never hear him say anything good about his set up and he is saving for something proper. All good

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          My car rides ridiculously well, actually. I'm sorry that you have accepted shitty ride quality as a part of being low.
          It's obvious he doesn't have any understanding of suspension. It's funny how people make statements about things they know nothing about.

And OP, Ground Control is the way to go. I have a set that will go stupid low with short 550/700lb springs. They ride super nice.

Comment

No what's killing the scene is idiot kids thinking that shitty quality parts are comparable to the real deal. It's the same story with suspension, wheels, aero kits, you name it.

Says the guy with THAT spoiler and skirts that are more common on 106's..

Nah dude i see where you're coming from, and yeah at the end of the day everyone would love the good stuff. I just think it should be generally accepted and respected that everyone gets low their own way. Slamming a car REALLY low on pro quality coils is like building a race engine, and giving it a 3k rev limit...its made for performance but you cant use it properly. So why wouldnt i save my cash and break out the grinder?

Il tell you another thing, just because a parts expensive, does not ensure quality. A (well respected) engineering company i used to work for would buy lots of their castings, service parts etc from companies in india/china etc, and sell them on at massive profit, as they had the benefit of their quality name and reputation. To think a part is of high quality on the basis of price shows a basic ignorance as to the manufacturing processes and origins of the part itself. I can guarantee you that molds used to make "high quality" parts on your car, have been used to create parts for companies of the same standing as Rokkor.

Comment

Nah dude i see where you're coming from, and yeah at the end of the day everyone would love the good stuff. I just think it should be generally accepted and respected that everyone gets low their own way. Slamming a car REALLY low on pro quality coils is like building a race engine, and giving it a 3k rev limit...its made for performance but you cant use it properly. So why wouldnt i save my cash and break out the grinder?

Il tell you another thing, just because a parts expensive, does not ensure quality. A (well respected) engineering company i used to work for would buy lots of their castings, service parts etc from companies in india/china etc, and sell them on at massive profit, as they had the benefit of their quality name and reputation. To think a part is of high quality on the basis of price shows a basic ignorance as to the manufacturing processes and origins of the part itself. I can guarantee you that molds used to make "high quality" parts on your car, have been used to create parts for companies of the same standing as Rokkor.
              Way to have zero idea of WTF you are talking about.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

These fucks aren't even worth arguing with.

Comment

Wait wait wait

Please elaborate. Wtf are you talking about my spoiler and skirts for? My oem sideskirts are shitty quality because everyone reps them and puts them on shitty cars? Not even gonna get into my spoiler but I am curious to hear your response

Comment

molds =/= suspension engineering
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

lol, this thread just keeps getting more and more fucking retarded
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

lol this is insanely funny...
                        all i can say is either do it right or dont do it at all !!!!!!!!!!!!and i mean at ALL
                        people rush shit and buy shitty products then when shit goes wrong, its not ther fault.
                        and as for the ollie and the other dude with the white e36,,why are yall arguing with this guy...you dudes have nothing to prove nor argue..kids nowadays complain "only the rich boys can afford $1000+ coilovers"sht, i pulled so much overtime and 7 day workweeks my union rep had to come tell me to slow down or my benefits would be taken away,thats how you get shit, not by buying low quality products then shitting on the people who buy the good stuff...stop crying kids and get a damn job and haul ass at it and evreything will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by prod0660 View Post
                          lol this is insanely funny...
                          all i can say is either do it right or dont do it at all !!!!!!!!!!!!and i mean at ALL
                          people rush shit and buy shitty products then when shit goes wrong, its not ther fault.
                          and as for the ollie and the other dude with the white e36,,why are yall arguing with this guy...you dudes have nothing to prove nor argue..kids nowadays complain "only the rich boys can afford $1000+ coilovers"sht, i pulled so much overtime and 7 day workweeks my union rep had to come tell me to slow down or my benefits would be taken away,thats how you get shit, not by buying low quality products then shitting on the people who buy the good stuff...stop crying kids and get a damn job and haul ass at it and evreything will be ok
                          Haha. My boss made me leave at noon last Thursday because I was clocking too much overtime for the week. And that's how it's done.

Comment

salary, i cant get OT.......

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              salary, i cant get OT.......
                              but you can do nothing all the time. well worth it imo

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                but you can do nothing all the time. well worth it imo
                                this is true. and I try to spend as much time as possible doing nothing. and my post count on here (and various other forums) is proof of that

Comment

Working...
                                X