Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen
    replied
    So after digging around some, i think im going to use the more or less generic perches, and 6 inch 650/750 eibach springs. Ill probably run an adjuster in the rear unless it looks unsatisfactory. Then ill probably make or have made my own top hats to keep it all in place.

This'll be over billy sports, and i may go to the shorter g60s later allowing me to go lower if need be. Ill have to see what the ride is like

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
    are they literally a flat disc with a protrusion that centers the 2.25" coil?
    no, theres a protrusion in the rear so therd have to be a hole in the flat disc

Leave a comment:

• TheNeek
    replied
    are they literally a flat disc with a protrusion that centers the 2.25" coil?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Well the cheap ebay ones are about 30$ but id be willing to pay more for ones that wound fit snugly, the ebay ones are more or less universal. I can look around and fint more info though if you like

Leave a comment:

• TheNeek
    replied
    As you can see... I can cut things on the lathe. What would these pieces cost you if you purchased them? I might be able to make something.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Yep, in the rear. And possibly the front, i havent bought either yet

Leave a comment:

• TheNeek
    replied
    So you just need adapters (or plates) to accept 2.25" springs?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    No, but holy reinforcement batman. Nice work.

Im refering to the rear options of keeping the 2.25 ID spring in the rear, whether to just use the srping and bushings, or ebay perches.

GC says they dont sell just hardware, so i may have to get a cheap universla kit and throw away the shit springs, or wait untill the perches only show up on fleabay again.

Leave a comment:

• M.Burroughs
    replied
    Holy wow.

Leave a comment:

• TheNeek
    replied
    You're talking about the updated rear shock mounts right? That have a 2.25" coil perch?

Do you have access to a lathe? I made these for my car (still not in use yet):

I just need to make bushings now.

/thread jack

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Possibly. I wanna see what GC says, and see what the fleabay perches look like in terms of quality. Im also weighing my shock options, as im currently on unmolested Billy sports.

Maybe some of you can chime in here, but it sounds like I may bottom out on these if i go too much lower than i am already. Then again, AlpineE30M52 on r3v just has revalved ones, and has got to be at least a full inch below where i'm at.

Leave a comment:

• M.Burroughs
    replied
    If you know what drop you're looking for, just spec that spring and run no perch for now, until you can afford one?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Yeah, a conversion. heres what i've pieced together so far

Eibach springs, 2.5 ID front, 2.25 rear.

Ireland engineering front perches, then for the rear Irelands bushings ( no adjustability in the rear, only downside)

The other thing E30idea on r3v tossed out as well as some others are ebay perches which are dirt cheap. there arent any up at the moment, but those might get me adjustability back in the rear.

At least at first, im not going to slam it to much, The bilstein sports will be on bumpstops not long after your tucking tire.

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
    Call up GC and ask how much they want for just the rear perches. I'd assume not much at all.
    Yeah ill try that out, IEs setup is still around 50$, so there might not be much of a difference

Leave a comment:

• M.Burroughs
    replied
    Call up GC and ask how much they want for just the rear perches. I'd assume not much at all.

Leave a comment:

• dinanm3atl
    replied
    Pics?

Is this a coilover conversion I am guessing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X