No announcement yet.

Coil over settling??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy parts = crappy results... especially with no research and a shifty seller.

This guy got his tucking tire:
    Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
      thats exactly what he did, he told me that, bottomed out would be too low to even drive. pan sitting on the ground. and this is quite the opposite. i get what youre saying tho about the money back, but if he wouldnt have told me they would go lower than i was, i wouldnt have even bought them
      For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

First link, second post.

lol Alright sorry I'm done rubbing salt on your wound. You should've done a tiny bit of research first but it is still not cool that he said it would slam your car, especially saying it would make it undriveable. Good luck getting your money back. We'll get this ish low if you do, don't worry.

edit: I hear the fronts do actually go low if you want them to.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Buyer beware....

If its a private seller not a great deal you can do.. Did you ask for pics of them installed on his car?
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Dave Schonrock said he heard JOM's are good, and wanted to see my results and 2 other people from here. EBAY has these for 489 shipped here. i figured thats all i needed to know

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Buyer beware....

If its a private seller not a great deal you can do.. Did you ask for pics of them installed on his car?
            they were brand new in box. never installed

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
              http://lmgtfy.com/?q=do+JOM+e30+coilovers+go+low%3F

First link, second post.

lol Alright sorry I'm done rubbing salt on your wound. You should've done a tiny bit of research first but it is still not cool that he said it would slam your car, especially saying it would make it undriveable. Good luck getting your money back. We'll get this ish low if you do, don't worry.

edit: I hear the fronts do actually go low if you want them to.
              this actually relaxed me a little bit, but we will see. thank you Ollie

EDIT: cept this "Showing me how low a VW kit goes doesn't mean much. You'll never get that low with an E30 unless you shorten the strut housings. The JOM website only specs 20-60mm of lowering... for you imperial guys thats like 2.4" max lowering. If that's the case, don't buy these if you are hoping to slam your car because 2.4" won't even tuck the tires (see my sig, my car is lowered around 3")"

thats all the way lowered in the front
              Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2011, 01:57 PM.

Comment

It seems for the front, you mount the perches where you want(exactly like a coilover conversion kit that I was talking about earlier), so that should get you pretty low. Rears need new springs or cut springs.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post

It seems for the front, you mount the perches where you want(exactly like a coilover conversion kit that I was talking about earlier), so that should get you pretty low. Rears need new springs or cut springs.
                  we'll see dude. i guess i just suck it up and install the rest

Comment

Dave Schonrock said he heard JOM's are good, and wanted to see my results and 2 other people from here. EBAY has these for 489 shipped here. i figured thats all i needed to know
                    I told you that I heard VW kids were happy with the lows offered from JOM, and hadnt heard anything about BMW applications except for the claims of getting low. theres been a lot of talk about the new JOM e30 application, but nobody had posted up any pics or reviews of them yet. thats why I was curious to hear how you like them. one of the downside of being the first to try something out. you sometimes dont get the desired results.
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Plus e30s have such an absurdly high stock height that you really need a lot of work to get them truly slammed. Cut front struts are pretty much a given, and the rear doesn't give you many options. Here's to hoping we'll get Zero Clearance coils sometime in the future

Edit: If we do get ZC coils and I'm able to save up enough for them, I'll have my GC coils for sale.
                      Jason
                      flickr
                      build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                        I told you that I heard VW kids were happy with the lows offered from JOM, and hadnt heard anything about BMW applications except for the claims of getting low. theres been a lot of talk about the new JOM e30 application, but nobody had posted up any pics or reviews of them yet. thats why I was curious to hear how you like them. one of the downside of being the first to try something out. you sometimes dont get the desired results.
                        yes yes you silly bastard. i guess ill take one for the team....BUT i am not happy. you fuckers

Comment

they were brand new in box. never installed
                          Regardless.... you should have done research and looked for pics of the product fitted before pulling the $500 trigger...

Id say you're the silly bastard
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                            Regardless.... you should have done research and looked for pics of the product fitted before pulling the $500 trigger...

Id say you're the silly bastard
                            i looked a round and asked a few people, but never googled it. which i should have

Comment

Expect the springs to settle a decent amount if they're brand new.. not a lot, but I think 0.5 - 0.75" is average
                              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

I found this pic today of a vert on the JOM's... seems pretty low
                                Jason
                                flickr
                                build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X