No announcement yet.

How do you like your ksport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer D2 over k-sport for one reason. I know that they are basically the exact same thing, but on the k-sport adjuster collars, there are far fewer "channels" aka the notches used when tightening/adjusting.

The D2's have far more notches making adjustment easier after the newness has worn off (making the turning of the collars harder). I'm sure it isn't an issue on a lot of cars, but in the case of my friends accord, it made things really difficult.
    SLAMMED GARAGE
    slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
      I prefer D2 over k-sport for one reason. I know that they are basically the exact same thing, but on the k-sport adjuster collars, there are far fewer "channels" aka the notches used when tightening/adjusting.

The D2's have far more notches making adjustment easier after the newness has worn off (making the turning of the collars harder). I'm sure it isn't an issue on a lot of cars, but in the case of my friends accord, it made things really difficult.
      Unless you have a Miata, in which case you likely will not keep your rear collars
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Any more opinions about ksports? The mk2 is going to live somewhere else and I'm planning on picking up an e36 vert next week. Really tempted by the ksport's features and price, but curious why more people aren't using them.
        025garage

Comment

I actually thought the revised dampers were great. I did only have them for a year though. The first ones I got shipped were trash- they all blew within about 9 months of use. After that though, no issues, and they felt really nice on my Protege. Would buy again, even for a car that has other options in the same price range (except my Miata).

My setup was 8/6k and it was actually relatively well damped. Not superb by any means, but definitely tolerable and not bouncey.

Comment

Mine are super super stiff. I have them on a 1990 civic hatch with two collars removed in the rear and the front untouched. They're stiff because i have them four clicks away from their stiffest settings. I love them, but one thing i was disappointed with was how low they got. I had always wanted a set after hearing nothing but good about them, and when i got the chance to buy a car with them on it, I jumped on it.

When i say i was disappointed with the low factor, i mean i had the rears cranked all the way down and wasn't even tucking a 14 inch tire. So i took two collars out of each side( bad idea but i was desperate) and it brought the car down about another half inch. i have plenty of room too go down in the front (all collars still in) but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the back lower.

It could just be me because everyone that sees the car is stunned at how low it is, my frame rails/exhaust are also scraped up after a week of driving so i guess that's pretty low.

Overall i am very pleased with them. Great ride, good price and the car handles like a go kart, so i say go for it!

Comment

i had em on a 350z, they werent bad. didnt really like the valving on them though
              Disclaimer:
              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Love mine! I bought mine used with roughly 15,000 miles on them, and they ride amazing. Plenty stiff (I have them on their stiffest setting), but it doesn't bother me.
                2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                Build Thread
                My Flickr

Comment

I used the K sports on my Corrado, loved them but they rode stiffer than my B&G's I had on my MKII Jetta, both went retarded low though. I'd buy them all over again.

Comment

I'll never buy them again. BC and B&G are both way better products.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

They're both hundreds of dollars more expensive (B+G avg. MSRP $500 more) and have limited applications.

Comment

had a set in my mk3 gti vr6 and loved em

Comment

That's what my altima is sitting on...and I'd recommend em to anyone...they feel great, installed quickly, and have loads of adjustability= stanceworthy.

"...it's not about the parts-it's about the look and feel of the car as a whole" - Jason Whipple, Rotiform
                          Just call me Ray...

Click it>>>

Comment

i was thinking about getting ksport coils for my 7th gen celica and this helped me out. thanks for makng this post

Comment

Did the OP ever end up buying KSports? I have heard mixed things about them from people on some other MINI specific forums but would love to hear your opinion.

Nick

Comment

Well i was the one that bumped it and definitely appreciate the responses. I ended up going with BC coils and couldn't be happier. My understanding is they are the same as ksport, but i have a local shop that is supporting the BCs, so i went that way.

I love the features (camber plates, pillow ball mounts, adjustable dampening) and of course the price. Full soft rides like stock and the stiffer settings are firm, but not harsh. Haven't yet figured out how low they go, but they come with provisions to remove the rear perches, so that's a good sign! I imagine all of this applies to ksport, as well, so I say go for it.
                                025garage

Comment

Working...
                                X