X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter

Summer (see sig)

Comment

I have a quick question on lowering the car in general. the only option for lowering my car is air but I wanted to know was does everyones camber change as you lower it or if its all dependent on the type of suspension. I was thinking about this since I have wheels that are flush at stock ride height and I was wondering if they'll look sunk when low.

Comment

here is my daily, used all year round

[SIZE="1"]kool haus President l AAC Supplied

Comment

I think, that air ride is not "true"
          From Moscow

Comment

OEM suspension on UAS air... daily driven! have had em for about 6 months... no problems what so ever.

VIP Modular VR01 l Universal Air Suspension l OEM Aero Kit l
            Junction Produce Kintsuna. Fusa. Curtains. Neck Pads. Hip Pad. and Cushions l Puddle Lights
            http://stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16759

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
              I drive mine in the winter, as do all of my friends who have bagged cars in NY. Bags have been proven to work fine year round with the proper maintenance and such
              What is proper maintenance and such for air ride in the winter?
              Bagged MKVI:

Comment

Mine is daily driven about 20k per year.

It's amazing the Chassistech components and Jaguar still run, as I have been told both are extremely unreliable. Just kidding - no issues whatsoever with either in two years and 40k of service.
                My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Mine's a DD. No problems except for 1 or 2 leaks after install, but they have since been taken care of. Just make sure to empty water traps and you should be good. Enjoy!

Comment

This is my first winter w/ air.... how often do you guys empty your traps?
                    The 513

Comment

Originally posted by IhazNostance View Post
                      This is my first winter w/ air.... how often do you guys empty your traps?
                      Don't have that thing called "winter" down here but I empty them every 2 weeks or so.

Comment

ALL DAY! only car i got

IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

I dont know anything about air ride[other than the companies that offer them]... but i thought i might as well ask here.

this might sound stupid but some people say air bags + koni or whatever coils, so does that mean you still keep the shocks/struts on the car?

can you control the speed of the car lifting and lowering?

and daily driven...how often do you check for leaks and what not? also another dumb question, if i were to park it overnight i can leave it at a certain ride height?
                          Last edited by picky; 01-24-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nrthsidelongbeach View Post
                            I have a quick question on lowering the car in general. the only option for lowering my car is air but I wanted to know was does everyones camber change as you lower it or if its all dependent on the type of suspension. I was thinking about this since I have wheels that are flush at stock ride height and I was wondering if they'll look sunk when low.
                            All depends on the setup. Mostly you'll increase camber with decreasing height but that is platform specific. My friends Flex increased camber alot less than my LS400.

Originally posted by picky View Post
                            I dont know anything about air ride[other than the companies that offer them]... but i thought i might as well ask here.

this might sound stupid but some people say air bags + koni or whatever coils, so does that mean you still keep the shocks/struts on the car? No

can you control the speed of the car lifting and lowering? Yes

and daily driven...how often do you check for leaks and what not? also another dumb question, if i were to park it overnight i can leave it at a certain ride height?
                            You check for leaks when/if problems arise. Don't fix what ain't broke.
                            yes you can leave it at any height overnight.

Comment

this thread makes me feel a lot better about deciding if i want to go air or not. thanks guys.
                              IG: kylekrobath

Comment

so I'm hoping the ride is nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X