No announcement yet.

Considering air ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i may be picking up a mkV gli and would like to go air as well. i'm wondering about the swaybars, how much does this affect the handling of the vehicle? are there any air setups that are not BOC that allow you to run a swaybar?

also this would be my daily, any thoughts on something like BY bombers lasting through the winter? and i mean winnipeg, manitoba, -40c winter...

edit: 1st post!

Comment

Oh hai you guys... Guess we are all getting our fix from the same place
      www.stateofstance.com

sigpic
      The unofficial Work Wheels whore in the making

Comment

Originally posted by chrismkay3 View Post
        i may be picking up a mkV gli and would like to go air as well. i'm wondering about the swaybars, how much does this affect the handling of the vehicle? are there any air setups that are not BOC that allow you to run a swaybar?

also this would be my daily, any thoughts on something like BY bombers lasting through the winter? and i mean winnipeg, manitoba, -40c winter...

edit: 1st post!
        i dont know much about the mk5, but what i do know about sway bars is that removing the front one is going to give the car more oversteer. Day to day driving, even driving it hard, you wont notice a difference, If you plan on tracking the car, then you will.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

We can do any BagYard setup with a sway bar mount on it. I've been driving without a sway for probably 15k miles now and haven't thought about it, honestly. It does loosen up the front a bit but, I'm not tracking the car so it doesn't really matter to me. As for the MkV, my friend has bombers on his and he ordered another set with the sway because he's going to track the car. He runs the e-Level setup and will be corner balancing his car for auto-x. As for handling the winter, the BagYards were developed in Austria and it's pretty damn cold there in the winter too. We've never had an issue with temperature.
          I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

Are bagyard setups only made for euro cars? Im interested in a set in the future, but am building an ef civic

Comment

Bagyards are for almost any kind of car!

We've done kits for: Honda, Toyota, Infiniti, Lexus, Nissan, VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda, etc.
              I used to be famous.

Comment

Don't forget Mini, BMW, Porsche!!!
                sigpic
                SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
                (888) 407-2997
                >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
                >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
                Blown Euros
                Wheel Whores

Comment

oh yah definitely ritter's mini - that thing laaaaaays out.

Done some E30, E28, E46, E92, E60, etc.
                  I used to be famous.

Comment

so much awesomes. i might get in tough with you guys about pricing etc

Comment

Working...
                    X