X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• douglas
    replied
    Originally posted by Miotke View Post
    I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, so I'm sorry for that.

However has anyone massed produced or have a schematic of the brackets used to secure the bags to a W210?
    I've bagged a W210 before. PM me for more info.

Leave a comment:

• Miotke
    replied
    I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, so I'm sorry for that.

However has anyone massed produced or have a schematic of the brackets used to secure the bags to a W210?

Leave a comment:

• Jouns
    replied
    Let's bring this topic up! I'm thinking of putting bags on my w124 merc, and the suspension parts are same kind as 210. So I'm interested of seeing pictures of bag mountings on w124, w209, w210 or w202.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    MPV - check your PM box. Thanks.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• andrew@openroad
    replied
    We have kits that cover almost all price points in the market place. We don't just sell BagYard rear bags or fronts. We're a pretty diverse company covering a number of price points and vehicle makes.

Leave a comment:

• mpv
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by andrew@openroad View Post
    IMO a pipe and plate design isn't aesthetically pleasing, welds can break, we use T-6061 Aluminum which is anodized and is not flimsy, the upper bolt threads into the body with a crush nut. Our bags fully compressed are just a little over 4" and 13" fully expanded with air inside them. Don't think thats too shabby, but I could be wrong?
    not trying to argue with you.....but there are positives and negatives to both.....imo i really dont care what it looks like its underneath a car that will hopefully be so low to the ground that it would be impossible to see anyway not to mention that it is under the car where its exposed to all kinds of elements so unless the car never sees the ground in the rain or winter the asthetcis dont matter much anyway unless you plan on getting under your car and steam cleaning/ pressure washing the under carriage every summer.

Does machined aluminum look nicer absolutely but it also comes with a much steeper price tag. re5's run about 150 for the set steel cups run about 40 bucks so your looking at 190 for a set vs your sets which I imagine are upwards of the $400 range per set which imo if your running a basic setup that extra 200 is a good portion of your management

I understand that you guys offer a good product but its not always the best product for everyones wants/needs/budget as not everyone can afford to spend 3k on air ride

Leave a comment:

• andrew@openroad
    replied
    IMO a pipe and plate design isn't aesthetically pleasing, welds can break, we use T-6061 Aluminum which is anodized and is not flimsy, the upper bolt threads into the body with a crush nut. Our bags fully compressed are just a little over 4" and 13" fully expanded with air inside them. Don't think thats too shabby, but I could be wrong?

Leave a comment:

• mpv
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by andrew@openroad View Post
    We've done a number of benz suspensions, give me a shout and we can get you setup. It'll be CNC machined stuff, not pipe welded bag brackets.

RE-5's are great on the rear of a MkIV but a Conti-Tech rolling sleeve is far superior to any double bellow rear bag setup.
    imo steel is much stronger than aluminum and sleeve bags are good but dont compress nearly as much as the re5's or airhouse 2's which is why ive never had any desire to use those bags

Leave a comment:

• andrew@openroad
    replied
    We've done a number of benz suspensions, give me a shout and we can get you setup. It'll be CNC machined stuff, not pipe welded bag brackets.

RE-5's are great on the rear of a MkIV but a Conti-Tech rolling sleeve is far superior to any double bellow rear bag setup.

Leave a comment:

• mpv
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by r0nd3L View Post
    The frame is pretty close right under the upper spring cup, so that's why I thought RE5 would work pretty well.

Are there pre-made cup brackets close that size? Need approximately 3.5" tall and 4.47" diameter.
    yeah thats why i use re5's on the mk4 vw they are the best fit for the rear, i would most likely make them using steel piping/ weld plate on the bottom and notch them for the air line the bottom you might not need a bracket just need to bolt it in to place so it doesnt move around the top you would deff want a cup i was thinking maybe like a 3" height wise, my reasoning is you dont want to limit the amount of drop you will get by using too large of bracket

Leave a comment:

• r0nd3L
    replied
    The frame is pretty close right under the upper spring cup, so that's why I thought RE5 would work pretty well.

Are there pre-made cup brackets close that size? Need approximately 3.5" tall and 4.47" diameter.

Leave a comment:

• mpv
    Guest replied
    Well, I took off the spring today and did some measurements of the spring height needed for slammed (bumpstops engaged) as well as desired driving ride height. I think Slam Specialties RE5 would work if it was set to 5.5" driving height in addition to the brackets taking up 3.5". It's hard to explain, so here's a little diagram I drew up. As you can tell, 9" is the desired riding height, so 9-5.5=3.5" worth of spacers/brackets. The only concern is air bag hitting the side of the frame since it's pretty close.

Am I somewhat on the right track with this?

wow you have a ton of clearance in there re5's would work perfect and you might even be able to use the airhouse 2's which are a little bit cheaper. Cup brackets would work perfect and then just using a large washer to bolt it through the bottom so it stays in place and you are all set. Let me know if you want me to get you pricing I get you anything you need

Leave a comment:

• r0nd3L
    replied
    Well, I took off the spring today and did some measurements of the spring height needed for slammed (bumpstops engaged) as well as desired driving ride height. I think Slam Specialties RE5 would work if it was set to 5.5" driving height in addition to the brackets taking up 3.5". It's hard to explain, so here's a little diagram I drew up. As you can tell, 9" is the desired riding height, so 9-5.5=3.5" worth of spacers/brackets. The only concern is air bag hitting the side of the frame since it's pretty close.

Am I somewhat on the right track with this?

Leave a comment:

• mpv
    Guest replied
    I'm planning on doing the same to my W124. I wonder how similar the suspensions are setup? W124 has separate springs and shocks as well.

I'm big air ride noob, but I got most of the air management figured out and have idea what to buy. However, can't find any information on air bag sizing and how are they supposed to be mounted.
    Originally posted by raffi91 View Post
    After looking at some diagrams the w124 suspension looks very similar to the w210. The only experience I have had with air ride was when I replaced the factory bags on my 1971 300sel, other then that im also a noob to these set ups. I have a general idea how everything works, but I'm still lost when it comes to mounting a bag and what size to run.
    both of you feel free to hit me up oemplush@gmail.com Ive been building air ride kits now for about 4 years....not super complicated........but I can walk you through the basics and not so basics as well as give you an idea of what components will work and what wont for your specific applications

Leave a comment:

• raffi91
    replied
    After looking at some diagrams the w124 suspension looks very similar to the w210. The only experience I have had with air ride was when I replaced the factory bags on my 1971 300sel, other then that im also a noob to these set ups. I have a general idea how everything works, but I'm still lost when it comes to mounting a bag and what size to run.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X