Autopilot V2 calibration and frame notch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopilot V2 calibration and frame notch

So I just picked up a mk6 Jetta and I'm going to be getting rid of the galant (signature) to get air ride. I'm the kind of person that researches probably way too much even though I haven't even posted the galant for sale yet. I am ordering through bag riders to get the full Air Lift kit with Autopilot V2 management.

Question:

When calibrating the Autopilot after freshly installing it, it needs to adjust to the vehicle by inflating/deflating the bags to 0 and 100 psi. Do I need to get a frame notch before installing and the calibrating? It seems when it deflates to 0 it could possibly rest on the axle and break it before I even get to drive it. Am I overthinking this?

Silk Blue MK6 Jetta build
    Instagram: @justmarshallgiles

I would recommend doing the chassis modification before trying to calibrate the system.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll have that done before the install. So after I get the bags installed, management all wired up and lines run, should I fill the bags a bit before putting it on the ground? I think the manual said 55-90 psi to test for leaks, so while the car is on jacks, fill them all to 55-90, get it on the ground then calibrate, leak test and set presets?

These little details aren't really explained in the instructions and I can't find anything online so I want to make sure I get everything straightened out

Silk Blue MK6 Jetta build
      Instagram: @justmarshallgiles

Comment

Yes I would fill the system up to check for leaks before running the calibration.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

when i installed both my air and my friends air a few months ago, when i had it all set up, i did exactly what you said, i aired up to roughly 90psi while it was jacked up off of the ground and just let it sit there for a while to watch and see if there was any leaks and to listen for anything big. After a while of waiting, i let the car down on the ground but kept it aired up overnight and kept a jack under it just in case. That way, if there was a leak i could get the car back off of the ground.
          Follow the build on IG: @kmcguckin
          Bagged/Boosted/Widebody 350z Roadster
          Wrong.Fitment.Crew

Comment

Working...
          X