Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardlines - How to?

Hi guys

I've tried to find some info on how to do hardlines instead of plastic tubing.

Is there How to guide somewhere you know of, or is it just regular plumbing from the hardware store???

Daniel

For parts, I recommend using DOT-rated fittings from BagRiders or similar. I wouldn't use off-the-shelf plumbing parts.

For fittings, you can use either compression or PTC, but I recommend the former. PTC fittings seal just fine, but they allow the line to rotate in the fitting, which looks messy. Compression locks the fitting down, so the lines will stay where you want them.

Other than that, it's just a matter of bending up some lines and installing them. You'll have a lot more fittings (and a lot more threaded connections), so leak abatement becomes more of an issue, but once you've got that taken care of, they're pretty trouble-free.

EDIT: Not to pimp my shit or whatever, but you're welcome to have a look at my build thread. I did copper hard lines on my build, and there's some info in there on how I went about it, as well as a diagram of my system with all the fittings I used. Just don't use PTC on your hard lines like I did - I regret it in hindsight.

Comment

swagelok fittings, yo. i will never do hardlines in ptc ever again.

Comment

Working...
      X