Question about wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about wiring

I'm going to be buying management soon, and on the drop down menu it says there is an option for a "wiring/install kit", but it adds $135 to the total.

Now, does anybody know about what is included in this wiring/install kit? Is it stuff I could get at my local auto parts store cheaper? Is it even needed? I just want to know before i shell out an extra $135.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

That'll typically be just a fat primary lead with a fuse holder to get you from the battery to your compressor. It should also have a relay, which is necessary for proper compressor wiring. For $135, it might also come with a distribution block, which is helpful.

$135 sounds pretty stinking excessive to me, being that Bag Riders has a nice kit that'll run the single 380c you have selected there for only $45, plus $8 for their 40A relay. You could probably piece a kit together for cheaper, but probably not that much cheaper.

EDIT: You might have a look at Bag Riders's offerings for air management. The kit you have selected ties the corners at each end of the car together into a single switch, which I do not recommend. Bag Riders has a similar kit, but with full FBSS control, for just above the $500 mark. It's a much safer design.
    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 10-17-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

okay so the bagriders kit pretty much comes out to like $600. I think ill probably just go with that one then, since it comes with a wiring kit for $30 and it does the FBSS controls. I'm trying to do this as minimally as possible. So this kit seems like the way to go.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Good choice. Manual management, old-school though it may be, still has its charms, and you can't go wrong with Bag Riders.

If you can swing an additional $30 for the 444C upgrade, it's absolutely worth it. For that $30, you get a 100% duty-cycle compressor with 200 psi capability, rather than 33% duty cycle with a max of 150 psi. That's a BIG upgrade for $30. You're going to have bag-over-struts/shocks all around, which require high pressure, so having your tank filled to 200 psi will make a big difference in the usability of the system.

Comment

perfect. i think ill do that. thank you a lot for your help. i know nothing about air ride, except that i want my e28 on the ground lol

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Glad to help.

If you're going to get a 444C, make sure your tank is rated for 200 psi as well. The Air Lift tanks Bag Riders includes are all rated to 200 psi, but if you're going to choose a different tank, it's something to be sure of.

Also, I don't see a safety valve or a tank drain in the Bag Riders kit. The former is absolutely essential, and you'll want a 200 psi one with a 444C. The drain is optional with an aluminum tank (though I recommend it), and required with a steel tank.

Comment

Yeah like Sam mentioned, the manual management is a great reliable setup that gives you full control over your air ride system. It seems like the manual management will be right up your alley!

As for the drain, we do include a tank drain kit with our management packages and full kits. It also doubles as a tank inflation as well!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
              X