No announcement yet.

BagRiders Autopilot V2 Ignition Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagRiders Autopilot V2 Ignition Source?

So I'm routing the ignition source line to the fuse box, to the fuel pump fuse.

is the 25amp fuel pump fuse too high?

I wasn't sure if there was like an amp limit or anything like that.. I figured there shouldn't be since I'm just tapping into it for the 12v source.. and there's a 3amp fuse spliced in line. But anyways, just looking for some confirmation
    Check out the photography thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32676

Wait, you've run your power to the battery right? For the ignition source you just need to choose a fuse that starts to draw power when the key is turned to ACC mode. My ignition source is wired to the Radio fuse in my car.

Not sure about the amps though, I'm not so educated on that part. Just speaking from what I did with my V2 installation on my Mazda3
    M A Z D A F I T M E N T

Follow my journey into the Stance World: MonsterMazda's Bag Build

Comment

Knowing zero about the specifics of your setup, all you're really interested in here is whether the wiring leading to wherever you're going to draw ignition power off of can handle the additional load. The V2 won't know or care whether there are 25 total amps going through the wire that you're tapping off of or 10 amps or 3 million amps.

In reality, the V2 module doesn't even power itself off that little pink wire, it's just using that wire to know when to turn on and off, so that wire is going to draw probably only a few hundred milliamps. All the power to operate the V2 unit comes over the red 10-gauge wire you've got attached directly to the battery. Any 12V source in your car that's ignition-switched ought to be perfect. As MonsterMazda points out, the switched wire on your stereo is a great source, and that's exactly what I used on my e-Level install. On cars with ignition-switched cigarette lighters, that's another good place to get 12V ignition power.

Comment

Working...
      X