mk4 jetta bag setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk4 jetta bag setup

Hey guys, been doing a ton of research but I'm about to bag my 2002 Jetta and I wanted to make sure everything with the setup I came up with is ok before I order.

This is my daily driver and I built this setup for reliability and price. Let me know what you think.

-air lift slam series front
    -ss-5 w/ idf bracket rear (i hear lots of issues with air lift rears)
    -4 way manual management (cheapest and most reliable)
    -bilstein sport rear shocks (this way i can use my fk coils as back ups, just in case)
    -air lift aluminum 4 gallon polished tank (would go with a 5 gallon, but a 4 will fill up even faster haha)
    -dual 444c compressors (this way if one of the compressors dies, i can still air up)
    -dual smc check valves (i hear standard viair check valves suck)
    -dual compressor power kit
    -dual needle gauge combo
    -dual water trap kit

total: $2,252

i went with 444's over 380's because of fill time, 444's over 400's because it has a 33% duty cycle and only rated for 150 psi, and i didn't go with 480's because of price, same with ob2's.

main question: will my battery be able to handle the dual compressor setup? it's just a standard battery, not an optima or anything like that.

this is my car currently:

fk streetlines, pass. side frame notch, no fsb, few little odd ends here and there.

thank you for looking

Great choices. Make sure you also have a safety valve and, even though it's an aluminum tank, I still recommend a tank drain.

Twin 444cs will draw roughly 40-45A together, so about the same as a 500-600w amplifier. It's not so much your battery you've got to be worried about, but rather whether your alternator can keep up with the load. That said, unless you're dicking with the ride height constantly clowning around, you're not going to have the compressors running that often, and they don't run for that long when they do kick on. You should be just fine.

Comment

Working...
    X