Acura RL KB1 bags??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acura RL KB1 bags??

Im looking to bag my daily 06 Acura RL in the next couple of weeks. Ive already looked for kits and found that there are none made for it by anyone. SO im resorting to using airlift builder kits for the front but deciding that is about as far as ive gotten.

My first issue is that the upper control arm (like all hondas have) is too narrow to fit the double bellow bag over strut kit they have, my widest point inside the control arm is 7' and thats the same as the bags maximum width. So im assuming thats out of the question without more modification than i want to do to this cars control arms. They do have kits using a sleeve bag over strut that would definitely fit inside my control arm, but I dont know if the sleeve bag will be good for how much my car weighs (4000 lbs) especially with a pretty heavy V6 up front to support.

Second issue: looking at how most people use the builder kits, they put them onto a mcpherson strut setup, and my car uses a wishbone to hold the bottom of the strut to the control arm. i figure i can make the sleeve of the strut slide inside the wishbone and utilize the factory pinch bolt by either narrowing or widening the tube its mounted in. This is in theory though since i havent been able to find an example of someone doing that before.

any help is really appreciated, im trying to order my whole setup early next week and need to make sure im getting the right stuff.
    I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

Yeah since you have a non-MacPherson front setup you will need to go with a sleeve style front strut. We had a couple customers in the past that have gone with with the Air Lift 75568 struts for both the front and rear and they really seemed to like their setups. I'm not sure if you will need a different strut or not but for the sake of an example, people have gone with the Air Lift builders in the past on similar cars.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
    X