Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V2 Management - Manifold beeping on start up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Management - Manifold beeping on start up?

EDIT: This definitely should be in the Management section. Sorry.

I bagged my Audi A4 B6 at the end of March (Autopilot V2 digital management, dual VIAIR 444cc comps, Airlift front & rear bags, etc), and a few weeks into getting them I noticed a beeping coming from my trunk - mainly if the car has been sitting aired out over night. Mind you, this is my first bag setup, and I have no friends who have bags, so I'm kinda by myself on this one.

It's a sequence of 4 beeps, and the only other issue I've faced is a phantom leak that I can't diagnose with soapy water. When it's cold my tank would go from 140 to 0 PSI overnight (only when aired out totally), but now that it's warmer out I leak nothing at all. I'm starting to think whatever the beeping coming from the manifold is MAY coincide with the leak - but that could be a long stretch.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this before? Is it even the manifold?

The problem is that it comes and goes at random times and I can't be turning the ignition over while looking in my trunk at the same exact time to 100% diagnose it, and having someone to do this with me is even more difficult as I never know when it's gonna happen.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by boobsandboost; 06-09-2014, 09:09 PM.

Is the beeping actually coming from the V2 manifold or could it be something else in your trunk?

As for the leak it's most likely the check valve on one, or even both of your compressors. The Viair check valves tend to leak when condensation freezes in them. If they freeze completely during the winter months, sometimes they won't make a seal when they thaw back out and will cause a horrible tank leak. This has happened to my car in the past so I swapped the Viair check valves out for SMC check valves and I haven't had any back flow issues since.

To test the compressor check valves, you will want to take the filters off of the compressors, put your finger over the intake hole for about a minute (without them running) and once you lift your finger, listen for air escaping. If you hear or feel any air come out of the compressor intake, your check valves are bad.

If you aren't having the tank leaking issue during the warmer months, your check valves are fine for the moment but you might want to look into upgrading them to the SMCs for next winter.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Thanks for the input Rali!

I haven't been able to 150% diagnose that the beeping is coming from the manifold because I don't have anyone to turn the ignition over while I'm looking in the trunk, because it comes and goes. But I'm pretty sure it is. Unless something else is capable of beeping regarding the trunk setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no clue. I don't think the V2 manifold is able to make a beeping sound but you can always unplug the manifold in the rear so it isn't getting power and then try starting the car to see if the beeping still happens.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
        X