Are tanks always 6in in diameter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are tanks always 6in in diameter?

Regardless of tank capacity, it seems like all the tanks I've seen for sale are always 6 inches in diameter. I have a perfect spot in my trunk that's 5 inches deep. If I could find a 3 gallon that's slightly longer and has a diameter of 5in would be perfect. I've seen a few companies selling some that are very long though such as this one

ORT Motorsport is owned and operated BY enthusiasts FOR enthusiasts. Founded on our passion for European/German cars – we carry everything from OEM and aftermarket Performance engine parts to wheels, custom suspension and accessories for your Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, MINI, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and more.

But it's too long to work. Any other options in tank size? It seems most trunk set ups always have a part protruding from the trunk floor. Seems like most people would want a tank that's an inch smaller and a few inches longer for a complete stealth setup. No more false/raised floor mods.

No not every tank is 6" in diameter but that is one of the smaller sizes for tanks that are 3+ gallons. What type of car do you have?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

The greatest increase in volume comes from increasing the diameter.

Example, a 3 gallon tank:
      6" diameter, 24" long
      5" diameter, 35" long

1 inch smaller diameter means you have to add 11 inches to the length. Most people would rather give up 1 inch than 11.

This 4" diameter 1 gallon tank:
      Find the right air suspension, tow kit, and custom vehicle part. Browse thousands of American-made products, or contact our Arizona-based sales team for the perfect fit for your ride. We have over two decades of customizing air bag suspension kits for every make and model. Chat or call our US-based team today.

Maybe use 2 of those, if your space allows it? Similar to my setup, which uses two 1 gallon tanks (6" diameter).

Comment

Working...
      X