Odd questions about winter air maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd questions about winter air maintenance

I'll start by explaining. My car is on Airlift Universal struts, and over the winter I intend to pull the struts off during the snowy months, replace the bushings and such, tweak the lower mounts for more camber adjustment, etc.

I was planning to leave the lines, tank, manifold, compressor, etc in the car for the winter. The lines can be tucked behind the fender liners (leader lines will be removed obviously).

This will be my first winter driving with air (well, half of it), and I'd like to know what maintenance I should bear in mind to be doing with my setup.

Empty water trap and tape up the lines so they don't get anything in them were my first thoughts. Should I be looking to do anything else?

Also, if there's something wrong with leaving the lines in the car, please let me know. I don't see an issue with it, but as stated, I'm new.
    IG: @kyle_eagleton

Drain the system and put a few drops of air break oil in the lines, it'll cancel out any water freezing. If it's good enough for the breaks on semi trucks it'll be more than enough for air ride. Also heard of guys putting a couple drops of antifreeze, haven't heard of any ill effects from using that either.

Comment

If you're not going to be using the system during the winter but the management is still going to be installed in your car, you have nothing to worry about. The air brake antifreeze is necessary if you are actually going to be using your system but if everything is just hanging out, I say just empty your tank and tape up the ends of your air lines!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
        If you're not going to be using the system during the winter but the management is still going to be installed in your car, you have nothing to worry about. The air brake antifreeze is necessary if you are actually going to be using your system but if everything is just hanging out, I say just empty your tank and tape up the ends of your air lines!
        Did exactly that. Thanks! Just wanted to check.
        IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Working...
        X