Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading rear OEM air suspension?

Hello all!
    Long-time lurker, finally made an account. Love all the builds here!
    I'm working on stancing my 01 Caddy STS. I'm converting the front struts to air, and that's going well. However, the rear has me stumped. It comes equipped with air from the factory. Essentially, I was thinking, somehow hook up the aftermarket air management to it, so I could theoretically control the bags. But I'm worried they might blow under such stress and travel. Or am I over-thinking things?
    Is there a better solution?
    The struts look like this:

Is there a way to convert that to aftermarket air if my idea doesn't work?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Those struts look sweet. I haven't heard of anyone using the oem suspension on your car but a bunch of people have done it with Audis, VWs, and BMWs that come with factory air. Like you mentioned, I can't be sure how it will hold up over time though.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
      Those struts look sweet. I haven't heard of anyone using the oem suspension on your car but a bunch of people have done it with Audis, VWs, and BMWs that come with factory air. Like you mentioned, I can't be sure how it will hold up over time though.
      Thanks for the reply!
      I was thinking the same thing. I might see what I can do to upgrade to a "standard" bag set up, but I'll try it with the factory air.
      One problem I see is that the hose diameter for the factory struts is like -.5" and it stupidly tiny, so that'd have to be upgraded to whatever size I'm running up front.

How do those Euros hold up on their factory air? Anyone think this is feasible at all?

Comment

Working...
      X