1st gen Tsx bag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gen Tsx bag question

Hey everyone. I know I just posted about custom coilover springs but my buddy was talking to me about bagging my car. He is saying to run universal air system bags but from what I read online people say they don't work due to them being too big in diameter. But could I just modify the front upper control arm in the front? And is there any issues in the rear? Thanks for the help.

Is he on coilovers already or stock suspension?
    Why not get slim bags?
    Last edited by 244Brick; 01-28-2013, 03:02 PM.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Yes I have coilovers already and was just going to use them to mount the bags to. Where can I get the slim bags from?

Comment

The Aero Sport bags from Universal Air are the only ones that work for bag over coil applications. I wouldn't recommend modifying the upper control arms because it will jeopardize the overall integrity of the front suspension. Unfortunately there's no easy way out on this one as your best bet is to get an actual air strut that is designed for the car or make one using Air Lift's universal sleeve style builder kits.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Yeah I thought about doing the air lift ones, but Ive seen a lot of people modifiy the control arms in a few different ways. Im going to look into bag dimensions and see how much Id actually have to cut.

Comment

So my buddy had 2 extra aero sport bags that he wasn't using so he let me try them. The rears is like a perfect fit. The fronts, barely, and I mean barely hit where the control arm mounts to the frame of the car, which I can trim a little to get some more room. And it barely hits the control arm itself, so minor trimming there and it will be all set! Pics to come soon!

Comment

Originally posted by rfensty245 View Post
              So my buddy had 2 extra aero sport bags that he wasn't using so he let me try them. The rears is like a perfect fit. The fronts, barely, and I mean barely hit where the control arm mounts to the frame of the car, which I can trim a little to get some more room. And it barely hits the control arm itself, so minor trimming there and it will be all set! Pics to come soon!
              Did you make sure to check out the clearances when the bags are fully aired out? This will be the point at which they reach their max diameter. Interested to see how this works out for you!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
              X