Couple Questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Questions!!

So I've got some Airlift struts i'm going to be modifying to make work on my car. My first question is on welding the struts. Wouldn't that cause too much heat on the internals of the struts?

Also, I need to machine out a mounting point adapter I guess you could call it, but all I have access to is stainless steel. Would that add any possible problems in welding it to the strut?

i can answer to question 1, people weld struts all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post
      So I've got some Airlift struts i'm going to be modifying to make work on my car. My first question is on welding the struts. Wouldn't that cause too much heat on the internals of the struts?

Also, I need to machine out a mounting point adapter I guess you could call it, but all I have access to is stainless steel. Would that add any possible problems in welding it to the strut?
      if you do the welding in stages similar to how you would do body work you will be fine as long as you arent doing all your welds at once and allow for cooling down periods between each weld you wont do any damage

the struts are most likely not stainless which means different tensile strengths you will most likely burn a hole through the strut before you could get the stainless hot enough to start a bead I would not do it nor recommend you try it
      http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Working...
      X