Twin compressors, Autopilot V2 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin compressors, Autopilot V2 wiring

I have a really quick question. Not much internet time so can't search...

Wiring in bags.

Why does the second compressor have such wiring, when only single takes the power? Can you not just split the power?????

Each compressor needs a decent amount of current. And conventional relays can only pass 30a of current through them before they melt and fail. So you would need to add a second relay to control the second compressor
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Okay, thats all I needed to know. The Viair kit came with another relay so should work, just need a couple of spade connectors.

Comment

I dont like the way they suggest to wire it up, but it will get the same result either way lol

Comment

Yeah it makes no sense, can someone draw a better diagram haha

Comment

??

Comment

the first diagram makes perfect sense. when one compressor is powered, you tap that power line that goes to the compressor and run it through the other relay trigger to ground. then that closes the bridge to feed power to the second compressor.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                the first diagram makes perfect sense. when one compressor is powered, you tap that power line that goes to the compressor and run it through the other relay trigger to ground. then that closes the bridge to feed power to the second compressor.
                yea, it will work perfectly fine. I just dont like using positive triggers when there is a negative option. I would wire up the second relay exactly like the first and diode isolate the trigger from the manifold. IMO there is no need for a 30a pos trigger. that just seems absurd to me lol

Comment

i do it like in the second diagram posted but with 2 inline fuses.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Okay. See what I can do. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                      yea, it will work perfectly fine. I just dont like using positive triggers when there is a negative option. I would wire up the second relay exactly like the first and diode isolate the trigger from the manifold. IMO there is no need for a 30a pos trigger. that just seems absurd to me lol
                      yep. it makes sense as in its not confusing but i wouldnt do it like that either. the first diagram has the second relay relying on the first. so if the first relay goes bad, both compressors are out. lol.
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

What do you recommend

Also. Any tips for welding / fitting please? Run wiring and front airlines already

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                          What do you recommend

Also. Any tips for welding / fitting please? Run wiring and front airlines already
                          do the diagram you posted, i've done it like that for years with no issue. I like using two separate in line fuses though so if the one big fuse goes out, you arent fucked.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Right. I'll go and look in the morning. If worst comes to worst. I can just hook one up now.

Comment

So many fucking earths !

Comment

Working...
                              X