No announcement yet.

Paddle Valve Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how quick it fills will vary based on the volume/size of your bags. 3/8" shouldn't be much more, and you can use flow controls to slow it down if need be...i would go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      That's a relay.lol
      Oops. I did warn you it was a stupid question

The install on the pickup looks good but I've heard bad things about using one paddle valve for two corners? Also is it bad to run no gauges? What do you need to keep you eye on anyway?
      Last edited by Adam.; 03-05-2012, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. View Post
        Oops. I did warn you it was a stupid question

The install on the pickup looks good but I've heard bad things about using one paddle valve for two corners? Also is it bad to run no gauges? What do you need to keep you eye on anyway?
        I originally was going to run two valves but then someone reminded me that in a corner air will transfer from one side to the other as weight shifts. It's not out of the question to only use 2 but if you like to go hard in the corners like I do you should probably go with 4. The gauges allow you to make sure that both front or rear bags have the same amount of pressure in them for even ride height. I suppose you can even compensate for drivers weight on one side. The gauges aren't as important if you only run 2 valves since it automatically equalizes.

-Aron
        "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

The air does shift and you're right, I can't throw the truck around corners but that's not what it was meant for. Eventually when I swap my front drums for discs and get a little more power, I could stand to add a couple more valves. OpelWagenGT has some good info. Upgrades are pretty easy on an air system. I started out with schrader valves and a portable compressor so I'm miles ahead at the moment.

Comment

We're using dual supply lines on our shop van's manual paddle valve setup. One line for the left front and rear, and the other line for the right front and rear.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nterEKD6TJY&feature=plcp&context=C39bc690UDOEgsToPDskJ8S2HjA8153-Adh_AcPOcE"]Bag Riders Shop Van - 1/4" Line Test[/ame]

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Awesome, that's the sort of speed I was after, so are you only using 1/4" line throughout?

Comment

Yeah the van only has 1/4" lines

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all your help guys. You've given me a lot to think about but hopefully I'll end up with something I'm really happy with

Comment

Working...
                  X