Macpherson aero sport bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OpelWagenGT View Post
    I was just going to use Universal Air Aero Sports, over some after market shocks. Probably try to find a shock that is shorter than stock.

-Aron
    It looks like your tie rods are really close to the shock itself which won't leave much room to fit an Aero Sport since they're pretty wide. Like Eric said, you might want to look into doing some Shockwaves or some Air Lift Universal SlamAIR Shocks.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
      It looks like your tie rods are really close to the shock itself which won't leave much room to fit an Aero Sport since they're pretty wide. Like Eric said, you might want to look into doing some Shockwaves or some Air Lift Universal SlamAIR Shocks.
      the only problem I see is that there are none of those bag struts that have a stud on the top instead of a loop. My front shocks are stud top and loop bottom. Also the top and bottom shock mounting points are not designed to take the full weight of the car. This can however be remedied by reinforcing them.

-Aron C.
      "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

Forgot to mention that those are way out of my budget too... My car only cost me $1200.00

-Aron

Comment

Yeah you would have to modify them to work anyway since they aren't designed for your car.

Comment

What you have there my friend is "unequal length wishbones" and the piece that joins them at the wheel end is called the vertical link. No macpherson strut on this car. Unequal length wishbones are common on racing cars, obviously a lot more high tech and lighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike E30 UNT View Post
              What you have there my friend is "unequal length wishbones" and the piece that joins them at the wheel end is called the vertical link. No macpherson strut on this car. Unequal length wishbones are common on racing cars, obviously a lot more high tech and lighter though.
              Nailed it. The vertical connecting piece is also the spindle.

-Aron

Comment

the only problem I see is that there are none of those bag struts that have a stud on the top instead of a loop. My front shocks are stud top and loop bottom. Also the top and bottom shock mounting points are not designed to take the full weight of the car. This can however be remedied by reinforcing them.

-Aron C.
                sure they do. reinforcing the mounts would be something I would do anyway.

Originally posted by Kielan
                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                  sure they do. reinforcing the mounts would be something I would do anyway.

Yeah what do those cost though. I can get Aeros for less than $200 a piece buy some decent gas shocks and still be way under the price of the others that were suggested.

-Aron

Comment

true, let us know how it goes. pics too!
                    Originally posted by Kielan
                    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                      true, let us know how it goes. pics too!
                      Oh for sure! I have a thread in the builds I just haven't added to it in a while...

-Aron

Comment

I did some measuring and it looks like as long as an aero never exceeds 6 inches in diameter then I will have around 1/4"-3/8" of clearance for my tie rods.

-Aron

Comment

I did some measuring and it looks like as long as an aero never exceeds 6 inches in diameter then I will have around 1/4"-3/8" of clearance for my tie rods.

-Aron
                          It will be close but the AeroSports are about 5 7/8" in diameter when they are fully collapsed and the inflated diameter is more like 5.5" because they will shrink when they are inflated.

Comment

any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                            X