X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POMAH View Post
    Well, lol, I'm not sure if it's making any sense, hahah

I'm also thinking of adding Dakota Digital pressure monitor thing, odyssey or w/e, for the future.

But I think once I work this out I should have no problems at all.

Accuair guys chime in?
    Like I originally said, you need to make sure that the sensors dont bind or top out throughout their travel, which is what happened in your case due to instalation error. If you fit the sensors properly then you will never have this issue.

Not sure what you are looking for from the guys from accuair? You need to install the sensors properly, they cant help you in that department any more then what is in the instalation guide.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Does the wheel have to be on when u do the measurements? On some cars when u dump them, they will rest on the wheels, preventing the suspension to go full travel.

Comment

Originally posted by rgarjr View Post
        Does the wheel have to be on when u do the measurements? On some cars when u dump them, they will rest on the wheels, preventing the suspension to go full travel.
        This is where I'm at. So I wanted to see maybe they had some suggestions on what to do. That's all.
        Air and Schmidts

Comment

think about it...

If you have a car on 30"s, obviously it wont go as low as if it had stock 16"s on.

most cars that are "fitted" and air out on the tires usually dont have a whole lot more travel left in the suspension anyway. I always set the sensors to the travel of the suspension. from the shocks bottoming out to topping out. That way if at any time the car is on stock wheels and happened to air out and go lower, you wont damage the sensors. Common sense I would have thought?

Also make sure that a stock wheel with a higher offset will clear the sensors when you set them up. Nothing worse then putting stock wheels on, going full lock only to smash a sensor. Not speaking from experience, but have seen it happen.

Comment

This is rear sensor, they are also ar from moving parts, I get your point though.
            Air and Schmidts

Comment

It makes sense to use the total suspension travel when placing sensors.

It says it's okay to have less than 2.75" of travel but how much is the minimum that the system can work with?
              Last edited by rgarjr; 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

The sensors measure voltage change from 0 to around 5 volts which the ecu reads. They need to see a minimum of roughly 4.5 volts change. I always try to get the 2.75" and to be honest its not difficult to do, it just takes time to find the right spot. I usually leave a millimeter before the sensor arm tops out at either end of its travel so that you know it wont snap the sensor. Another thing is to make sure that the allthread rod with the balljoint ends, conecting the sensor arm to the traveling suspension component, isnt binding throughout the travel as any tension may lead to breaking a sensor.

If you take your time to do them properly the first time, you should never have an issue with snapping sensors... It takes me about a day to set up the sensors on their own when I do an instal, and as frustrating as it gets, its better then doing things twice.

Comment

Thanks Oxer, I went out okay since it's somewhat sivil, aired the car all the way up and down, watched the sensor movement, and it's positioned right.

So I'm writing this off as a freak accident.

I know second sensor could have failed, because I drove around with a broken one, and my car would try to auto level itself with 3 sensors while broken sensor side would stay still until brought up manually.

So I'm leaving this at that.

Before winter, my car is going back to the shop for "winterizing" and a Dakota Digital install. If I don't have any more problems until then, I'll just have them once-o er everything again the .

In other news, one of my water traps is slowly leaking at the hose connection.

I love having air ride, always something g to hear or check or keep an eye on. Quiet an adventure (no pun at all, I'm loving every minute of it!)
                  Air and Schmidts

Comment

Working...
                  X