This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
    Not to sound like a downer or anything but you should have pressure tested the tanks for a lot more than what you're going to be running (and stand behind something while you're doing it). The tanks we sell are pressure tested up to four times their listed maximum capacity.
    Not a downer at all thats fair to say,I have,Not exactly four times the amount but 190psi and with liquid not air.

I would never put four time the amount considering there never going over 15o psi again.
    And the fact there Square lol.
    B5.5 Passat Wagon, 69 Squareback, 67 Beetle, 72 Notchback

Comment

Looking good man.

Seeing this build makes me want air.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

I give you credit for doing something different, but its too bulky and unproven for my taste. Nice workmanship though, no doubt there.
        -Eric
        08 VIP Style xB

Comment

Originally posted by Capone View Post
          I give you credit for doing something different, but its too bulky and unproven for my taste. Nice workmanship though, no doubt there.
          If we all went with what's been proven, things would suck big time.

Looking good so far.
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post

Looking good so far.
            I agree and disagree...posted below is a very innovative and different approach to a custom tank. I think this is one of the coolest ideas i've seen in some time.

-Eric
            08 VIP Style xB

Comment

I agree and disagree...posted below is a very innovative and different approach to a custom tank. I think this is one of the coolest ideas i've seen in some time.

That's a very very very rad air setup, and innovative like you said... but it still falls in the "unproven" category. But that might be the coolest air system I've ever seen.
              StatusRacing.com
              Configure YOUR Seat Here
              Tel: 1.480.265.8600
              Email: sales@statusracing.com
              Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Not entirely...I mean it is a pressure vessel, tested & certified, however it is a vintage piece but it is atleast a more proven way to contain air. Mike Alexander of accuair built a badass minitruck chassis with square tanks and was successful but his access to some of the best minds in air was at his finger tips! Mr. Alexander was the editor of minitruckin magazine (Ive been a subscriber since early 90's)
                -Eric
                08 VIP Style xB

Comment

pressurizing frames isn't toooooooooooo uncommon.

Comment

Really? Ive been around thousands and thousands of vehicles on air and have only seen a handful with custom chassis air tanks...i.e. pressurized frames. I'd say its actually quite uncommon, however it is something that I'd like to attempt on a later project.
                    -Eric
                    08 VIP Style xB

Comment

This thread remains awesome.

Cool to see people try new things and people actually help someone down a new path.

I like em dropped.

Comment

that for idea

really great idea dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                          This thread remains awesome.

Cool to see people try new things and people actually help someone down a new path.
                          Cheers Dave, Buying an ordinary air tank isnt my style.
                          ( Although I just got my pancake tank for the wheel well !! ) but youll never see that.

Originally posted by Walterer View Post
                          really great idea dude!!
                          I like to think so too, ha Thanks.

All good Capone. As for unproven do you mean to store Air for long periods of time ?

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post

Looking good so far.
                          Exactly !

And yes that Vintage air tank by Swoops is DOPE .
                          Last edited by vdubin; 11-09-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Update:
                            Not going Hardlines now we Tried working it out but there going to stick out to far on each side would look really crap...

So this is the way im going now. Im a little pissed the hardlines arent happening but this is fine im happy with it.

Comment

Very very clean dude! Nice work.
                              Where are you getting your lines and fittings from?
                              1973 Volkswagen squareback
                              1985 F250 4x4 T19 6.9
                              2014 Chevy spark
                              2003 Toyota Echo

Comment

Cheers mate.

All fittings I got from my local Area.where do you live?

I'll end up having a basic steel hardline from compressors to Water traps.

Comment

Working...
                                X