Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OP, do you ever polish the inside of the rims? I ask this because I'm going through the process of polishing the inside of my Iforged Senekas right now and 95% of it is to a mirror finish, but that last 5% is marred with this grime that just won't come off. I can get it too come off with a few scrubs from the gristly side of a sponge, but that leaves the surface unpolished.

So after reading your thread, my question is this, if I use the emery and white rouge compound would that restore the mirror finish to the inside of the rim? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Gotta do this to my wheels soon.

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

• This guide helped so much! Not done yet, but getting there.

1997 E36 M3 (Cosmos/Modena)
        Flickr
        My Thread
        LoweredLifestyle

Comment

• followed this diy, worked well

Comment

• whats the top wax to use after using mothers mag polish?

Comment

• I wanted to give a little background on my wheels and the adventure I have gone through since buying them back in June of this year. I had looked for a set of style 5's for over a year when these popped up on the Denver craigslist for $450.00. I knew what potential these wheels had if I could get my hands on them...but, had no idea of the labor that would go into them in order to achieve said potential. I was offered guidelines/instructions on polishing my wheels from a friend in California who had polished a set of his own. I followed his advice to the letter and found that he was spot-on in every aspect. I was also told, "welcome to Hell!" lol That was an understatement.
              I have completely polished 3 of the 4 wheels as I type this. The 4th wheel is being finished today. I have grits 1000-3000 left. I have done these all by hand without the use of any power tools. The results are stunning! Here are step-by-step pics of the process. Enjoy

120 grit

Before and after

sigpic
              1995 318ti Active/Club Sport clone
              2002 330cic

Comment

• nice, i know the pain of polishing lol although yours came out way better

Comment

• Found this video. Thought I would share

Comment

• Polished my RC's aswell, happy with the result:

Comment

• I've done plenty of hand polishing in the past but decided to go a different route this time.

Started with a 15x1" RS lip. Sanded it with 180 to get all the clear off. Then took it up to 320 grit dry.

Then took a 1.25hp bench polisher and some nice compound and went to town.

This pretty much polished it, but then I took a softer wheel with the fine white compound and went at it one last time.

Of course hit it with mothers afterwards.

Here's what it came out like, and it took a fraction of the time that hand polishing does.

instagram : demrimz
                      StatesideWheel

Comment

• finally

Comment

• guys i have a question: What type of disk do I need in the drill to apply the compound? My wheels are new so I know i need to remove the paint and wetsand them. Maybe start from 600 as they are new.

Do I really need the compuond? or maybe the mothers mag/alu polish is enough with some foam disk in the drill? (im gonna polish the lips and center mesh)

please help with advise

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• Just finish my BBS RC092/093 style 5 restoration projet. 60 80 100 150 220 320 400 600 800 1000 1500 2000 + metal polish compounded

Comment

• Came across this site a few minutes ago:

They have pretty much everything you would ever need to polish lips.

I plan to pick this of since it's for a drill:

Comes with everything you need minus the drill and wheels:

Wish I would have found this a month ago when I started doing my wheels. Would have been so much easier and been a time saver. (Did mine pretty much all by hand).

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• hi! how would you do rougher surfaces? i have widen steelies so i have welded and then grided it down so no way i can get it fine with even 60-papers... also got tiny black dots left from the 240? not sanded enough i guess?

also how can you fix imperfections like deeeeep scratches and such? i will probably let it be cause it´s not tat much but im curious

Comment

Working...
                                X