No announcement yet.

Need to get tires stretched? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kind of off topic but not really. i think we should have a sticky of where to have stretched tires mounted. where i live (N.E. Ohio) theres only a few local shops. Mostly chains and large franchises. i think it would be neat to have a sort of index as where to take a nice set of wheels and have some tires stretched without any major questions or some sort of damage. dont know if any of that made sense or not, just a thought i had.

Comment

Originally posted by white chocolate View Post
      kind of off topic but not really. i think we should have a sticky of where to have stretched tires mounted. where i live (N.E. Ohio) theres only a few local shops. Mostly chains and large franchises. i think it would be neat to have a sort of index as where to take a nice set of wheels and have some tires stretched without any major questions or some sort of damage. dont know if any of that made sense or not, just a thought i had.
      ^This, I'm in Cincinnati and the search will be on here pretty soon.

Comment

Search for a america's/discount tire around your way.

Comment

i need a place in knoxville tn by friday.....

Comment

Find out if there is a discount tire/americas tire company near by.

Comment

Yeah the discount tire by me is cool as hell, just got some 215/35s mounted on 18x8.5s and was telling them about my 215/35s I'm getting mounted on some 18x9.5s and they really wanted to give it a shot. Had already committed to another shop for the tires though.

Comment

^ Awesome! Thats what i like to hear.

Comment

Im up in the Seattle area, but looks like ill be making a trip down to your neck of the woods after i get my wheels widened!

Comment

^ what wheels r u getting widened? And There are tons of Americas/Discount tires up north. You dont have to make the drive down, just tell them whats up they'll do it for you.

Comment

Discount Tires s*cks.

haha Im just playing, I only say that because there are non in NY.

Does anyone know who would stretch tires in NY?

Around Kingston/Albany would be nice.
                      my cars:
                      1985 BMW 524TD
                      2000 Nissan Xterra
                      2006 Subaru Impreza

Comment

^ someone help this dude out!

Comment

Does anybody stretch in Sacramento? I bought my 225/45/17 Falken 512's from America's Tire in Folsom, CA but everyone there was such dicks to me because I want them on a 17x9.5. Nothing even crazy but they all are like thats impossible, and all that so they refused to mount them. I've gone to various tire shops as well around me and the same thing happens in all.

Any help? I'm about to just DIY it...

Comment

I'm also looking for someone in the Sacramento area to mount my 215/45's on the 18x9.5's Rotiforms I just ordered.

Comment

So glad that Discount Tire/ America's Tire is chill with stretching tires. I'm probably going to need some massive balloon stretch going on soon. 185/60/15 on a 15x10 sound do-able?
                              Pictars Here.

Comment

new discount tire 10 mins from me, they mounted my 205 40s on my 9.5 blades

Comment

Working...
                                X