Anyone run 205/45 on 10j

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone run 205/45 on 10j

Just had a shop mount up some 215/40/17 Nankang NS-20 on my 17x10j wheel. The tire lost air overnight to the point it had nothing in it. Fully inflated it was showing some barrel on both sides and the sidewall wasn't touching the outer lips. Just wondering is anyone has run these particular tires or a similar setup with a different tire? I am contemplating a 205/45/17, does the 45 sidewall allow for less stretch vs the 40. I realize it is 10mm narrower but will the 45 make it less a stretch?

The stretch would be nearly the same as the sidewalls are almost the same hight, 3.6" on the
    205/45 and 3.4" on the 215/40...

Comment

Does sidewall height allow for more stretch? I read somewhere a taller sidewall can de-bead easier because it's not as stiff or something like that.

Comment

Taller sidewalls should stretch easier. I'm running second set with 10J wrapped in 195/45 and have no problems holding air. Check if your wheel doesn't have cracks and make sure you leave enough air in it.
        Also make sure that tyre mounts all the way up. It took us about 7 bar of air to mount it all around. Driving around with ~3.5 bar.

Comment

Working...
        X