Looking at buying new wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying new wheels.

Hey guys, need help so im interested in getting 18x8.5 for new wheels. Couple of questions first, how do I measure for adapters im going from 4x114.3 to 5x114.3? Second ill be on springs for the suspension good tire size.
    08 Sentra slow build

You'll need to provide your adapter company with the center bores of your hubs and the wheels you're wanting to install. Adapters are typically in the 25mm-35mm thickness range, but your adapter company will know for sure. Whatever the thickness is, subtract it from your wheels' offsets to see how they'll sit. That said, that pair of bolt patterns wouldn't be ones I'd be dying to convert between, especially with how common 4x114.3 wheels are.

Tire size depends on your stock tire size. Ideally you'll want to keep about the same overall diameter. Figure out the overall diameter of your stock tires and then peruse tyrestretch.com until you find a look that you like that comes close enough to the same diameter for your taste.
    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

ill look into some more, I can never find 4x114.3 in 18's I like trying to stay away from xxr wheels since everyone has them.
      08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Here's what I usually do when I want an "image" search.. I used your key words: "4x114.3 18x8.5 wheels" click on Google "image" instead of web and see what comes up.. at least when you find a wheel's appearance more suited to what you're looking for, this should direct you to the site where you can explore their options. I do see a lot of wheels listed with your specs.. But I've found Google is limited or search specific or key words only without searching your entire sentence. This is one reason it took us nearly 3 months to locate our wheels.

One thing to keep in mind and this is how we found our wheels, is to send those companies who make wheels you like and email and ask if they are willing to mill you a set at your specs.

Comment

hmm alright thanks, never thought of that. I like multi spoke wheels. currently looking at tsw chicane/Mallory wheels
          08 Sentra slow build

Comment

Working...
          X