Falken 512's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken 512's??

Hey guys. I have a friend that works for a tire store and he's constantly doing research on tires that stretch good and which tires run narrower than others and what-not. It's pretty common knowledge that the Falken 512 runs narrower than most tires out there (depending on the size) and i'm pretty sure thats why so many people run them. Plus their sidewalls look pretty awesome when stretched as well. Well he's recently been talking to his Falken tire rep who told him that the 512 is being discontinued altogether and just from poking around on various tire stores online, i've notice that they're becoming pretty scarce.

So basically my main question is, what is everyone gonna be running now, for a tire? (it seems like the 512 has been the choice for alot of people. Does anyone on here know of any good alternative to a 512 that runs pretty narrow and stretches real good. Maybe not as good as a 512, but pretty close & comparable?

Sorry for the novel. Any input and/or pics of a good alternative would be awesome!

512s have been sold exclusively through Discount Tire for a while now. They were "discontinued" almost 2 years ago but are still readily available at Discount Tire and I don't think that's changing anytime soon

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Hmm...well for my sake, I really hope you're right. Because I just tried ordering two 205/45/17's, two 215/45/17's and set of 205/40/16's from discount tire direct on friday and was told that by a sales rep, that all of their warehouses were totally out of stock, of all three of the sizes I wanted..

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
        512s have been sold exclusively through Discount Tire for a while now. They were "discontinued" almost 2 years ago but are still readily available at Discount Tire and I don't think that's changing anytime soon
        what he said.......lol

I was told that discount would be the exclusive distributor for this tire and that falken was going to continue the line exclusively for discount. I am an avid 512 fan have run them on pretty much every set of wheels ive owned. I have since switched over to the 912 though and have been just as happy with them and they stretch pretty well also. Im currently runnning 215/40 17 on a 9.5 and 215/45 17 on a 10

Comment

Originally posted by Brewtality! View Post
          Hmm...well for my sake, I really hope you're right. Because I just tried ordering two 205/45/17's, two 215/45/17's and set of 205/40/16's from discount tire direct on friday and was told that by a sales rep, that all of their warehouses were totally out of stock, of all three of the sizes I wanted..
          Out of stock does not mean out of production, I'm willing to bet that they'll have them back in stock soon

Flickr

Comment

+1 or else dunlop sp9000 will stretch good too!

Comment

Originally posted by bonkey View Post
              +1 or else dunlop sp9000 will stretch good too!
              Those are really nice tires and stretch well but cost a shit ton more than 512s

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                Out of stock does not mean out of production, I'm willing to bet that they'll have them back in stock soon
                if i remember correctly Falken makes a batch every few months and sends them to discount tire, they sell that stock until Falken makes another batch. been doing that for a few years now.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                  if i remember correctly Falken makes a batch every few months and sends them to discount tire, they sell that stock until Falken makes another batch. been doing that for a few years now.
                  i read this somewhere else aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    I hope so. The only tires that come in my size are 512's and T1R's, and I'm too cheap to pay the extra for the toyo's lol.

Comment

They must still make them. Almost a year since the last post ^ and I ordered a set of Falken Ziex ZE 512's from Discount Direct Tire and they just arrived via UPS.
                      WFC#293 | flickr | Vimeo | DailyDetergent.com

PM me for photo shoots in South Florida!

Comment

Working...
                      X