Need help Work VSXX Step lip PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Work VSXX Step lip PROBLEM

hey I'm building a set of 17" face Work VSXX wheels up to a 18" step lip. I got my new barrels and lips off a friend which are brand new and I just had the faces powder coated. I'm having a problem fitting the faces into the lips. It lines up but they will not fit snap into the face. I got the wheels original and never split with Work barrels and lips. The faces snap right into the lips no problem, however on my new ones they aren't anywhere near sitting in. The face fits in the backside of the lip no problem but not the correct side.

my friend is saying that my faces need to be machined now to fit or is the problem that the lips are not made right. I'm thinking that the lips are wrong but he's claiming that the faces are just too big.

Original barrel and lip

now he's telling me that i need to pay 25$ each face to have them machined or should he have to pay for them to fit? He builds wheels on the side so he knows what he's doing to my knowledge. Just don't want to get screwed over. I already paid $1500 for 2.5 polished lips and 7" barrels. appreciate any input guys, thanks!

Looks and sounds like the face diameter is too large to sit into the step of the lip and mate against the bolt flange, correct?

If the lips are truly custom made, not modified blanks, then they're not right. Face diameter would have been specified. In this case, I would be looking to get them redone right.

If the lips were made from blanks, which are sold with an exact step diameter, then you're probably stuck with them. Machining the faces is probably the cheapest option. I wouldn't be comfortable taking off much though.

Comment

Working...
    X